PDA

View Full Version : saber se

carpshooter
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
while shooting my saber today, i noticed it was making a different noise. after checking, i think i have a cracked limb. it look to have a crack in the "v" right in the bottom and extending down several inches.
has anyone had a problem with them? will be taking it to a shop tomorrow, but it is not a martin dealer. there is not one in my area.
is it worth the time and $$ to send it in for repairs?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi welcome to the forum, I would call martin cs and send it to them. It then will only cost you shipping one way. That will be a lot cheaper then a dealer or a pro shop. They will charge you labor.

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
02-17-2012, 05:23 AM
One easy way to tell if the limb is split in the fork is to eyeball the carck while twisting the cam. This will open up the crack making it more visible. If it is split then call customer service and they'll tell you what to do. When you call you'll get customer service. Follow the prompts on the phone for the warranty dept. As Hutch said, without a Martin deler in your area the most cost efficient way is to box it up and send it back to Martin. Some shops charge as much as $50 to change out limbs and this is nonreimbersible by the factory (your cost). If you need a box the shop near you should have one.