PDA

View Full Version : a question for Martin

jdduffy
02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
it looks like the limb deflections are different between the scepters and the shadowcats what poundage would 1mp-331 limbs give me on a scepter?

bfisher
02-20-2012, 03:25 AM
I don't kow that anybody here has that info, but somebody might. I know I get most of my info from the tech charts on Martin's website, but they don't always post all the technical specs. When in doubt there's an easy answer though. Just bottom the limb bolts and see what the max draw weight comes up to.

jdduffy
02-20-2012, 03:55 AM
I don't kow that anybody here has that info, but somebody might. I know I get most of my info from the tech charts on Martin's website, but they don't always post all the technical specs. When in doubt there's an easy answer though. Just bottom the limb bolts and see what the max draw weight comes up to.

those limbs are a new set,the ones on the bow are 1HP limbs and all I can get is 58.5 lbs with the measurements in spec. the 1mp are a spare set for my shadowcat and they will get the 60lbs on that ??????

bfisher
02-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Well, you have a couple choices. You could use the ones that give you 60# if that's what you're looking for or you could twist the cables up a bit with the lighter limbs to give you 60#. I know what you're getting at. The HP should be a couple pounds heavier than the MP, but frankly if I had a 60# bow that went to only 58.5# I wouldn't be worrying about it.

archerx7
02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
those limbs are a new set,the ones on the bow are 1HP limbs and all I can get is 58.5 lbs with the measurements in spec. the 1mp are a spare set for my shadowcat and they will get the 60lbs on that ??????

Well, you have a couple choices. You could use the ones that give you 60# if that's what you're looking for or you could twist the cables up a bit with the lighter limbs to give you 60#. I know what you're getting at. The HP should be a couple pounds heavier than the MP, but frankly if I had a 60# bow that went to only 58.5# I wouldn't be worrying about it.

As Barry stated, the HP deflection will be slightly heavier than the MP deflection. When you state that the bow is in spec, are you refering to the A2A and brace or have you actually pulled the string and cables and set them to factory spec ? The A2A and brace specs are appox numbers only and can vary by a small amount, I normally get the string/cables set to spec and go from that point. My guess would be that the cables are a bit long or the string is a little on the short side, or maybe a combination of both.

jdduffy
02-20-2012, 06:42 AM
As Barry stated, the HP deflection will be slightly heavier than the MP deflection. When you state that the bow is in spec, are you refering to the A2A and brace or have you actually pulled the string and cables and set them to factory spec ? The A2A and brace specs are appox numbers only and can vary by a small amount, I normally get the string/cables set to spec and go from that point. My guess would be that the cables are a bit long or the string is a little on the short side, or maybe a combination of both.

the bow came right from Martin spot on with the ata and brace height. I did pull the string and a cable and measured them on my string jig and they were good.this bow is a shooter for sure,it just seems way to slooooow. even dropping 6fps for 60lbs and 5 for a peep and loop 301 at 30" is a little bit of a let down. my shadowcat is faster at the same weight.