PDA

View Full Version : Different bows

dzsmith
02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
So I went to a huge bows store today and drew a variety of different bows. I am somewhat of a new bow hunter and I haven't shot a lot of bows. I drew every bow they had. They didnt sell martins unfortunately. I drew the new Matthews heli m. As expensive as it is, it doesn't even draw as smooth as my exile at 70lbs. The z7 drew better than the heli m. I drew a pse Evo. It's the worst and hardest drawing bow I've ever held, maybe it was me but I couldn't stand it. Mission bows by Matthews actually drew pretty decent but no better than my exile. The only bow there that impressed me was the single cam bear attack bow and carnage. They drew very smooth and easy. I'm not necessarily just a Martin fanatic, I was just surprised at how expensive bows like Matthews are and how poorly the ones I drew performed. It's all opinionated, but I thought it would be interesting to post.

droppixel
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Martin is highly over-looked in my opinion. Not sure why, but with the big 2 (hoyt and mathews) people think you have to spend a fortune to have a great bow. Yeah, I'm sure they are nice in some instances, but I'll stick to my Martins when I know they shoot amazing and are a fraction of the cost.

NuttyNative
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I mess around with different bows as well. The Hoyt's are too harsh for my taste. The new Mathews are over priced, however I would like to try a Reezen 7.0. I do like the Bear Anarchy and I think it's the 35" ata that makes it smooth and well balanced. Without a doubt the Oneida's are the smoothest bow I've ever shot at 41-45" tip to tip. I just couldn't get past the noise. I love my Guardian and The Firecat. I'd like to get a 2012 Pantera in my hands and I did like the Ridge Hunter. I'm open to any and all, I just love to shoot.