PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Gabriel454
02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
I decided to try using my bathroom mirror to adjust my draw length.

This is how I did it. If my elbow is supposed to be aligned with the arrow and that is how I tell if my draw length is the right length by where my elbow sticks out behind the bow then I decided to aim for my elbow past the sights and see if I could get the string in the way of the sights.

I finally was able to line everything up on the same plane, but It took a bit of doing. So, now from my wrist to my elbow in the mirror is a line that is on the same plane as my wrist to my elbow in the bathroom I'm standing in and the arrow I was using to stand there and look dangerous in the mirror is alined perfectly with itself too so I think I'm pretty danged close. =0)

Too bad it is raining... Wishing I had an indoor target.

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
another good way to check DL and peep location is to have the string touching the tip of your nose.then to check your peep.close your eyes and draw your bow to full draw,once your at full draw open your eyes and if your peep is in the right spot you should be able to see through it when you open your eyes.

Speedykills
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
This is from a nuts & bolts post shows the correct anchor point,i keep these pics to remind me when i get sloppy............

wscywabbit
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Nice Speedy, a picture is worth a thousand words. I tried to explain those anchor points in another post and it didn't come out nearly as well as the picture in my mind's eye!

gravedigger
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
This is from a nuts & bolts post shows the correct anchor point,i keep these pics to remind me when i get sloppy............

awsome stuff,im going off topic but could you start a thread with these pics in the bow tuneing forum,it would be a great addition and a big help to new archers.http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/forumdisplay.php?21-Bow-Tuning-Made-Easy

Gabriel454
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Okay, now I get it!!! Thanks!!