PDA

View Full Version : Carbon finish on the 2012's

seandrummond
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Can anyone tell me if the carbon finish on the new Martin 2012 models is flat or glossy? according to the website they dont offer the hunter black this year so i'm curious if the carbon would be suitable for hunting. Pictures would be great too if anyones got em'. Thanks

NuttyNative
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
I would guess it's almost the same as the 2011's. This is my 360. I think I'd call it a semi gloss?? Not too shiny but definately not flat.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/STS001.jpg

bfisher
02-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah, it's more of a satin finish. And in case you didn't know the carbon finish was the replacement for Huntr Black a couple years ago. Apparently they were havinga problem with the company powder coating the risers black so they changed to the carbon finish right away. In 2010 I ordered a Black Alien Z and when I took it out of the box I was looking at the carbon finish. In other wors if you order Hunter Black you're going to be looking at a carbon finish.

For 2011 I ordered a Nemisis in carbon with camo limbs. A lot of people think it's very appealing.

seandrummond
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Its a very cool looking finish, just wondered if it would work in the woods or if it would be to reflective. I've only ever had camo bows and thinking of a change of pace. Thanks for the info.

NuttyNative
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Its a very cool looking finish, just wondered if it would work in the woods or if it would be to reflective. I've only ever had camo bows and thinking of a change of pace. Thanks for the info.

We hunt in sagebrush, junipers, and rocky out croppings here in Nevada & I'm going to use the Firecat this year. I don't think it'll make any difference.

Double S
02-24-2012, 08:38 AM

I don't think it will matter. My Nemesis is carbon and I didn't have any issues at all. It's all about moving slow and cautious. I always map my path by looking ahead. I never move fast. I mainly hunt open Sage terrain. I took this buck out in the open, 90 plus degree's. Stalked in on him to 20 yards. He was bedded under a sage bush. I spotted the top of his antlers moving side to side.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Hunt%20pics/Muleyhunt5x520113-1.jpg

seandrummond
02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Nice deer!!!

Merrill
02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
My Alien has the carbon finish and I plan to hunt with it. The limbs say Rytera on the frount side of the bow. I just hope that first big buck that comes in can't read :) All joking aside, I love the look of my bow. When I go to my shoots on the weekends there are always guys coming over and checking out my bow.

gravedigger
02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
My Alien has the carbon finish and I plan to hunt with it. The limbs say Rytera on the frount side of the bow. I just hope that first big buck that comes in can't read :) All joking aside, I love the look of my bow. When I go to my shoots on the weekends there are always guys coming over and checking out my bow.

Rytera is martin and martin is Rytera.its word play on terry and ryan martin name,if ya dident know;)

bfisher
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM

Butch, it's about time you start talking to us.

gravedigger
02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Butch, it's about time you start talking to us.

now i see...thats your good budy.

bfisher
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
now i see...thats your good budy.

Yep,, not so long ago he was a student of mine. Now he outshoots me and has learned enough that he can coach others. He started out with a Bowtech Raptor. Last summer he made the mistake of shooting my Alien Z. We're about the same size so it fit him rather well. Well, one day a few months ago he was on the Rytera website checking out the bows when the thought hit him that with a couple more clicks of the mouse he could have an Alien Z. Guess what? He's now shooting an Alien Z and passed his old bow on to his nephew. And the nephew, Shane, never having shot a bow until three weeks ago, is now shooting scores of about 560 or so on the Vegas round.

seandrummond
02-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the responses, next question is does anyone know if the new Bengal, in carbon, comes with green or black limb bolt and roto cups?

Thermodude
02-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure it comes with black.