PDA

View Full Version : look what I found

HawgEnvy
02-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Remember this thread? http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?20010-Martin-Firehawk..WAAAAYYYYY-Underrated.-Second-Attempt&highlight=firehawk

well, http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1696525&highlight=martin

I'm pullin' the trigger.:cool: What's the draw cycle like on the cat cams? Need a sight and rest,so if anyone would like to donate to Jerry's kid,let me know. lol

gravedigger
02-25-2012, 07:08 AM
very nice.4 and a half months after you posted on that thread you have found one,nice work.i have i sight with no pins you can have.apex i think

Double S
02-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Looks good. Did you pull the trigger?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
02-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!
Pull the trigger!!!

thats a trip

HawgEnvy
02-25-2012, 08:15 AM
thats a trip

ya got that right. lol thought something was wrong with my eyes as i was scrolling. trigger being gently squeezed. I offered and he agreed to $200. Shipping Monday.

Hey,GD,what pins does that sight take?

Arrow Splitter
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
It's about time you got a real bow.LOL:D Congrats on the excellent deal.

A.S

gravedigger
02-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey,GD,what pins does that sight take?

ok so i was wrong about the sight it is impact archery vortex.i have no pins for it,after i bought my new sight i gave the pins to my buddy since he had the same sight.http://impactarchery.com/images_products/bg_vortex.jpg
and i dont know where the hardware is

Jake-the-snake
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
you can pretty much make the draw cycle how you want it...About half and half thought it was smooth or "harsh"...play around with the draw length modules and the let off peg...I think youll find that its easy to make it smooth and roll over nicely...Im sure youre gonna love it

HawgEnvy
02-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm gonna love it's short,stubbiness. lol. I'm looking forward to it.

HawgEnvy
02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
so...I did a search on "Firehawk" on here. I found several posts from the person who has the one I'm interested in. Older threads talking about string rubbing on the mods,pre-loading the limbs via short stringing...I asked if the bow had any of the limb issues associated with the '09's. Says he didn't have a clue that Martin had limb problems. I'm seeing red flags on this. thoughts? opinions? I don't want a problem bow. :confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
If I remember right Hawg, his problem was a mod that was not set in the cam right. It was catching the edge of the string. Once it was corrected I believe it was all set.

droppixel
02-25-2012, 05:01 PM
That's exciting! Something about getting a "new to you" bow is awesome! Get 'er set up and give us a report.