PDA

View Full Version : ordering parts Help

sloppy joe
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
my buddy as been trying to order a new set of modules for his onza off martins website and one of the new carbon sts's.he got the part # for each but couldn't get them to come up on the website.called me for help but i'm in the same boat.can anyone help us out?

MLN1963
02-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd call Martin direct and place the order.

dzsmith
02-25-2012, 09:10 PM
ive had the same issue in the past, you always have to call.

wscywabbit
02-26-2012, 05:48 AM
When you find out about the new carbon STS, let us know... I know I would be interested in how much they are :)

MLN1963
02-26-2012, 06:49 AM
In another post it was said to cost about $32 for the new string stop.What is e big deal over the new one? It looks bulky and I don't see how it would be any quieter if it has the same rubber stopper? Am I missing something?

droppixel
02-26-2012, 06:57 AM
In another post it was said to cost about $32 for the new string stop.What is e big deal over the new one? It looks bulky and I don't see how it would be any quieter if it has the same rubber stopper? Am I missing something?

I think the barrel has more dampening inside of it vs. just the plain rod. The way I think of it is like a hydraulic cylinder almost.

MLN1963
02-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd think Martin would be advertising it if there was something inside the carbon fiber tube. Someone needs to take theirs apart so we know!

I would dare to say that CF tube is more ridgid than the aluminum rod it replaced based on diamiter and construction.

Hydraulic dampening on the CF tube? You are going to have to show me how that works!

wscywabbit
02-26-2012, 11:11 AM
hydraulic tube is pushing it, but in their product vids this year they state that it is "infused with dampening material"... IDK if that is better than the standard rod, but I set my brother in law's new Cougar up this weekend and it is definitely easier to set than the rod they sent me for my Onza!

droppixel
02-26-2012, 11:19 AM
hydraulic tube is pushing it, but in their product vids this year they state that it is "infused with dampening material"... IDK if that is better than the standard rod, but I set my brother in law's new Cougar up this weekend and it is definitely easier to set than the rod they sent me for my Onza!

Right, I wouldn't say it is a hydraulic, was using that as a thought that the rod would have some resistance behind it inside the tube. Yes their vids do say that. Still think I'll end up with one eventually.

NuttyNative
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I think it's lighter overall than the bent aluminum rods and has better eye appeal. Who knows, maybe the larger diameter carbon fiber tube absorbs more of the "slap"? To me, it looks better with the Limbsaver bumper on it.

dzsmith
02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I just got my new cable rod and slide from Martin today to replace my trg, they sent me a sts, but the older one with just the rod. It will not fit on my exile because it has no rear hole. I will give this away to someone of you will PayPal me for the shipping.