PDA

View Full Version : Alien X Mods ... Got a problem

droppixel
02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Not sure how I didn't notice this before, but when I was swapping out the strings tonight I came across this.

There is quite a bend in the mod and pretty sure it's cracked on the back side. That and now I'm pretty sure this is the root of the serving wear I was seeing on the other strings. No idea how this happened to be honest ...

What and how do I go about getting the mods replaced?

Spiker
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
If it's not possible to get it solved between you and the person you bought it from - I would just order a new set of mods from Martin or your Pro Shop.

You already have new strings - make sure everything else is good - if so - replace the mods and set the bow up.

droppixel
02-27-2012, 07:19 PM
If it's not possible to get it solved between you and the person you bought it from - I would just order a new set of mods from Martin or your Pro Shop.

You already have new strings - make sure everything else is good - if so - replace the mods and set the bow up.

Got a feeling I'm going to end up "S" creek on this one. I sent him a message on AT. Haven't seen anything else that would cause concern, but this one jumped at me when I just happened to look down when routing the cables.

Spiker
02-27-2012, 07:24 PM
It's one of the greatest bows in the world.
Know it bites but - - if it is just a messed up module, you can get a pair and set it up.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Anyone know the cost on these? I might just have to bit it and order a set. If the seller is nice enough about it, might be able to get a little bit of the money from him to offset the cost.

Saying the bow is a 9 out of 10 (http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1676681&p=1063135965#post1063135965) and then I find this ... doesn't make me to happy.

bfisher
02-28-2012, 04:23 AM
The answer is pretty simple really. If you have a dealer near then have him order you new modules. If that's not possible then a call to Martin customer service, specifically the warranty dept, and they might ship you new ones. Joel has been known to take care of Martin owners even if they are not the original owners. 1-800-541-8902

droppixel
02-28-2012, 04:27 AM
that'd be great! I don't know how much of the warranty info carries through the life of the bow, the said he hadn't had it registered yet and that was part of the appeal to me. He said the shop he bought it from sent the info in for the warranty after he purchased the bow. Don't know if that is accurate or not, but definitely want to get this fixed. I have only taken a few shots with this bow so far and want to get it shooting again as soon as possible. This just bums me out to receive it like this, but that is part of the risk in used bows I guess.

joelc
02-28-2012, 05:36 AM
You have two options...visit ANY local archery dealer that is willing to call us to replace the modules or you can call directly and arrange to have your shipped back and exchanged. Martin will not ship warranty parts directly to the consumer prior to receiving the damaged parts but with a dealer involved most orders will ship within 24 hours. The previous owner and the dealer that he bought the bow from did not register anything through Martin as there is no registration process.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 06:14 AM
You have two options...visit ANY local archery dealer that is willing to call us to replace the modules or you can call directly and arrange to have your shipped back and exchanged. Martin will not ship warranty parts directly to the consumer prior to receiving the damaged parts but with a dealer involved most orders will ship within 24 hours. The previous owner and the dealer that he bought the bow from did not register anything through Martin as there is no registration process.

Thanks Joel, I'll try to give a call this afternoon. Do you just need me to mail the Mods only back or would I need to send the whole bow? :(

gravedigger
02-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks Joel, I'll try to give a call this afternoon. Do you just need me to mail the Mods only back or would I need to send the whole bow? :(

i think you would have to ship the bow,or get a dealer involved to order the parts.just my thought.

NuttyNative
02-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Martin will not ship warranty parts directly to the consumer prior to receiving the damaged parts but with a dealer involved most orders will ship within 24 hours.

Sounds like you can just ship the mods in. Might be easier and definitely faster to " have ANY local archery dealer that is willing to call us" help out. Either way, excellent news.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Most local dealers are tools (H&M fanboys) and not very close. I can handle sending them in and waiting for the new to come back. Might make a call to one or 2 of them to see what their process is. I'll still call Joel and see what his process is if I was going to get a dealer involved just so I know what I am asking for when I call them.

joelc
02-28-2012, 07:09 AM

Just the mods...again...if you have ANY dealer around (Martin or not) that is willing to help we can at least ways save you the time of shipping first.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Just the mods...again...if you have ANY dealer around (Martin or not) that is willing to help we can at least ways save you the time of shipping first.

Left a voicemail. I'm sure I'll be able to talk to you today when you guys are free. Just want to find out what I'll need to let the dealer know prior to calling them. The one I'll chat with is listed on the dealers page on the martin archery site. thanks for all of this so far.

bfisher
02-28-2012, 08:01 AM
droppixel, what did I tell you? Joel is already on it and willing to help. I hate to refer so many people to him, but the guy is just phenominal. He must have been born to be a customer service/warranty rep.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
droppixel, what did I tell you? Joel is already on it and willing to help. I hate to refer so many people to him, but the guy is just phenominal. He must have been born to be a customer service/warranty rep.

I haven't even spoken with him on the phone yet and I already like the guy ;) Gotta say from what everyone says, the CS is top notch and jumping on this to help through the forum is awesome. Hopefully the dealer will help out with it and I can get these back soon and get 'er shooting!

joelc
02-28-2012, 08:39 AM

It's OK...I'm the only staff member in customer service so I get ALL the calls anyway :cool:

droppixel
02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Just missed the call - had a chatty kathy in the hall stop me on the way back to my desk

droppixel
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I bow to the wow of Joel. I honestly can say I didn't think this was going to be that easy. The man behind the myth of great service is no lie!

MLN1963
02-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I bow to the wow of Joel. I honestly can say I didn't think this was going to be that easy. The man behind the myth of great service is no lie!

This good. :D

droppixel
03-03-2012, 08:24 AM
::In an Emeril voice:: BAMM! Mods are here, thanks Joel! Can get the X shooting again!

Speedykills
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
::In an Emeril voice:: BAMM! Mods are here, thanks Joel! Can get the X shooting again!

COool...................

Ehunter
03-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Drop, glad to hear you are back up and running!