PDA

View Full Version : shootings in your area?

gravedigger
02-28-2012, 06:08 AM
are you guys getting gang shootings in the citys around your parts.i know that every morning that i turn the news on ther has been atleast 2 gang related shootings a day for the past month.it is gettin crazy in portland.more and more people getting shot every day.the other day 2 homeless people were shot wile they were sleeping under a bridge,it was a drive by.one was shot in the chest the other in the side.

my wife wants to take the kids to the zoo but i wont let her take my kids any where near portland.road rage shootings,drive bys,walking shootings,in house shooting,kids shooting kids,a guy i once knew shot his dad in the head last year fron not taking him fishing.IT IS GETTIN CRAZY OUT HERE.

so how is your area,safe and sound or are you staying away from the big citys too.

Speedykills
02-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I live in rural Oklahoma no gangs here,just plenty of yotes and hogs.................;)

MLN1963
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
I live in the opposite corner of OK from Speedy. Not many gang related shootings here either, and if there is it is usually gang to gang and that doesn't bother me as long as no innocent bystanders get hurt. Around here a large portion of the population (farmers, rednecks, hicks and military) carries hardware so maybe that has something to do with it? Thugs don't want to shoot if they think there will be return fire.

bfisher
02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Here in Harrisburg the news just announced last night that some dude became the 3rd fatal victim this year. This one a stabbing. However, in recent years inner cty Harrisburg has ramped up the bars to draw the liquor crowd and lately there have been a lot of fights and brawls. A lot of it is caused by younger guys with high testosterone levels. Add some booze and all hell can break loose. Thankfully I live in the suburbs away from all that crap. In all honesty I rarely ever lock my doors till bedtime or when I go out of town for a week. Never had any problems in 35 years, but the 9mm can solve any that come along if need be.

gravedigger
02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
it is crazy out here.i live 30 min from portland in the last town befor you get to the coast.stabbings happen a lot in P town and other areas near me.forest grove is not a small town but not a lot of crime.we have our tweekers,drunks,and bangers but they are killing them selfs off.good to hear yall are good and out of the way from all this crap.no way will i ever go to portlan,heck i only leave forest grove 3 or 4 times a year....not counting hunting and time in the woods.most of the time i forget to take my keys out of my rig but that comes from liveing in gaston,a place where every one knows everyone and ther is just a fight now and then to settle up.yall stay locked and loaded.

Ehunter
02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Southeast Kansas is pretty much gang free, but we are cursed with alot of druggies, etc. TONS of thieves around here though, goes with the drugs. More thieves than you can shake a pistol at. Thankfully, I have ALOT of pistols. lol

Thermodude
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I live in rural southern Indiana but I work in the west end of Louisville Kentucky....................in that part of the city shootings are a way of life. So far this year 5 murders and non fatal shootings.......lots!

gravedigger
02-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Southeast Kansas is pretty much gang free, but we are cursed with alot of druggies, etc. TONS of thieves around here though, goes with the drugs. More thieves than you can shake a pistol at. Thankfully, I have ALOT of pistols. lol

keep shakeing them pistols at them geekers and throw in a .50 cal or 3 wile your at it:p

Rangerj
02-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I am approx 40 miles north of Atlanta, they have a shooting every day, in my area we have what I call wannabes and they are as dangerous as the real deal in my opinion,But we have very few incidents that are actually gand related.But it will eventually creep north to my area.:mad:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Well GD, with Boston Mass only 2 hours south of me. I am glad I live in the woods. Deep in the woods. I think that helps. Also they know we all can out shoot them :rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

bowgramp59
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
I live in the opposite corner of OK from Speedy. Not many gang related shootings here either, and if there is it is usually gang to gang and that doesn't bother me as long as no innocent bystanders get hurt. Around here a large portion of the population (farmers, rednecks, hicks and military) carries hardware so maybe that has something to do with it? Thugs don't want to shoot if they think there will be return fire.

i live in a small town like you guys , theres more going on that meets the eye. drugs are the main thing that causes all the trouble. i watch channel 7 news & weather, i think lawton okla. is one of the worst cities for home invasion & drive by shootings.i'm not intending to knock anyones city, but ever day on the news they have something going on , i don't envy any police officers in any of the larger cities, they got thier work cut out for them, and it is going to get worse i think but hope i'm wrong.{ JMO }

elkslayer4x5
02-29-2012, 07:08 AM
We live in a nice quite small city, less than 10,000 people. Does'nt seem to be any gang activity, the city police do what most small town cops do... Obey all traffic laws here, or you'll be talking to one of them!

MLN1963
02-29-2012, 07:15 AM
i live in a small town like you guys , theres more going on that meets the eye. drugs are the main thing that causes all the trouble. i watch channel 7 news & weather, i think lawton okla. is one of the worst cities for home invasion & drive by shootings.i'm not intending to knock anyones city, but ever day on the news they have something going on , i don't envy any police officers in any of the larger cities, they got thier work cut out for them, and it is going to get worse i think but hope i'm wrong.{ JMO }

I agree with you that Lawton has much more crime. I believe there are about 100,000 people in Lawton. Here in Altus we are small in comparison, about 17K or smaller I think. We have drugs here no doubt, and the drug scene seems to make for a high percentage of the crime. To GDs original post about gang related shooting we don't here of many here and if there is it is usually gang to gang stuff. If they want to thin themselves out I don't have a problem with that. Hell, I would supply the ammo if they wanted to shoot it out in a safe environment where only they die!

deerchser
03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Portland has been getting crazy lately. I live an hour north of seattle and it hasnt been too bad up here. I dont worry about taking the kids to the zoo. I drive down in that stuff every day for work and road rage dont seem to be too bad. I am just really careful and keep an eye on everything.

motohead1967
03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I am so glad I dont live in a big city. Here in Berkeley spring there are no gangs. Here every one know everyone so if some one get out of line we all get after them. Before I had kids I live very close to washington DC. Having kids makes you change and think about were you live. Here me and my wife do carry a weapon when we go away from home.