PDA

View Full Version : Parts FYI

wscywabbit
02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
For those of you who have been wondering about he new Carbon STS, I talked to Martin this morning and they got one on the way. Gotta give props to CS, I talked to the parts department, who put me in contact with CS because it is not available in the store yet. I left a voicemail, and in about 10 minutes Joel called me. He got me parts numbers for both the Carbon STS and the Saddleback grips (wood sideplates and leather piece). He transferred me back to parts, and now I have both on the way. GREAT JOB GUYS! :D

CARBON STS, #8816; $45.98
SADDLEBACK WOOD GRIP (SPECIFY BOW MODEL), #G1; $43.50

droppixel
02-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Awesome! I'm going to be picking up one of the Carbon STS sometime, need to slow the spending down a little bit :p Are they going to send them to you direct or gotta go through a dealer?

wscywabbit
02-28-2012, 08:27 AM
right to my door, or mailbox :)

I will probably get an earfull from my wife for the extra $$, especially since I didn't really NEED them. But I like the looks of the new parts and the carbon sts is easier to adjust than the rod they sent me.

gravedigger
02-28-2012, 08:29 AM
i bet it is going to be nice.that Carbon STS has for sure cought my eye.let us know how you like it.

droppixel
02-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Awesome, I'm probably going to have to do a "ninja" ship when I order mine.

Ninja Ship (def) Shipping to your office to avoid pissing off your wife

deerchser
02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
right to my door, or mailbox :)

I will probably get an earfull from my wife for the extra $$, especially since I didn't really NEED them. But I like the looks of the new parts and the carbon sts is easier to adjust than the rod they sent me.

But you do NEED them, I said so.............

Besides she does owe you for what she did to your truck, just play that card and all will be well. Ok, so you might end up on the couch but.........

Thermodude
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
For those of you who have been wondering about he new Carbon STS, I talked to Martin this morning and they got one on the way. Gotta give props to CS, I talked to the parts department, who put me in contact with CS because it is not available in the store yet. I left a voicemail, and in about 10 minutes Joel called me. He got me parts numbers for both the Carbon STS and the Saddleback grips (wood sideplates and leather piece). He transferred me back to parts, and now I have both on the way. GREAT JOB GUYS! :D

CARBON STS, #8816; $45.98
SADDLEBACK WOOD GRIP (SPECIFY BOW MODEL), #G1; $43.50

Just curious but is the carbon sts for your Onza? I was wondering if they made one to fit the side mount rather than screw in?

bowgramp59
02-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Awesome, I'm probably going to have to do a "ninja" ship when I order mine.

i have the stuff that i get but could do without sent to my brothers shop, then i slip it in the back door while she is taking a knap. not really i just walk in the house & tell i needed all this stuff & i don't want to hear any more about it, then i say yes dear i will get to those dishes in just a minute. & by the way what would you like
for supper? guess i got her told ! last night i had her down on knees , begging me to come from under the bed.

bfisher
02-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Curtis,

Sounds like you're p****whipped like me. I do almost all the cooking and cleaning around my house. My wife has only been in the grocery store a half dozen times in 3 years. Woe is me. Retired and finding out again that a man's work is never done. LOL.

droppixel
02-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Curtis,

Sounds like you're p****whipped like me. I do almost all the cooking and cleaning around my house. My wife has only been in the grocery store a half dozen times in 3 years. Woe is me. Retired and finding out again that a man's work is never done. LOL.

Martin Tech Forum Man LAW - never admit this ...

tvs
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
let me kwon if you get carbon sts order over 2 month ago still waiting already paid for im the dealer

bfisher
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Martin Tech Forum Man LAW - never admit this ...

OK, the truth is that I'm not afraid of my wife like you guys. What's the deal on the wooden grip for saddleback risers. Anybody got a link>

deerchser
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Curtis,

Aint we all?

I got sent 100 miles south to work after a snow and freezing rain storm we had a while back. Since then I got my new bow, added a few toys to my truck and a few other things. My wife doesnt really ask for much, nor does she complain when I get stuff. Anyhow, The shop we did the storm work for gave us $100 gift cards for helping out. I gave that to my wife. Made her day. That is how you keep them from complaining when a new sight, rest or whatever comes in the house.

bowgramp59
03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Curtis,

that's exactly the same situation i'm in. i bet my wife hasn't been in the store 3 times this year, i do all the cooking, & half the house cleaning, all the yard work, i'm incharge of all the garbage, i do all the car washing, well i run them thru the turtle hole auto car wash , whats going on with these women, whats this country comming to , next thing you know they will want to take over the hunting, i eat breakfast & coffee ever saturday morning at our local braums with about 5 other guys all but one tell me the same thing as you & i are saying. its a conspearsy! by the way do you have a good muffin rescipe ?

wscywabbit
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
So update on the parts order...

Got them yesterday, which is a pretty fast turnaround, IMO... Only problem is that the Carbon STS won't fit on the 2011 Onza. Evidently the new Onza has a 3/8 hole and set screws drilled into the riser. The Cougar FC uses the rear stabilizer disconnect for the STS, it just screws on; so I thought they shipped the wrong part. Then I got to looking at my Onza, and the disconnect isn't 90* to the strings, its angled downwards so even that won't work.

I talked to Joel today, and he set me up with an RMA request and I'll send the carbon STS back :( That's ok, its $47 plus tax I didn't really need to spend lol.

madman350
03-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Curtis,

thankfully for us you've found a way to give us 3 or 4 thousand helpful posts in between trips to the store and all that cooking.

bfisher
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
So update on the parts order...

Got them yesterday, which is a pretty fast turnaround, IMO... Only problem is that the Carbon STS won't fit on the 2011 Onza. Evidently the new Onza has a 3/8 hole and set screws drilled into the riser. The Cougar FC uses the rear stabilizer disconnect for the STS, it just screws on; so I thought they shipped the wrong part. Then I got to looking at my Onza, and the disconnect isn't 90* to the strings, its angled downwards so even that won't work.

I talked to Joel today, and he set me up with an RMA request and I'll send the carbon STS back :( That's ok, its $47 plus tax I didn't really need to spend lol.

That ain't right. If you didn't want it you could have sent it to me for a test run on one of my two Ryteras; specifically the Nemisis.

bfisher
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
thankfully for us you've found a way to give us 3 or 4 thousand helpful posts in between trips to the store and all that cooking.

Thankyou for the kind words, but it just shows that I can BS most of the people most of the time. LOL. And don't foget that in between posts and trips to the grocery store I have taken time to make about 40 trips to the tropics for scuba diving. All since 2005.

wscywabbit
03-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Barry I would share but I figured you had tried all the cool toys already! ;)

Besides, you seem too smart to fall for these new fangled gimmicks and such... unlike the rest of us poor saps! lol

gravedigger
03-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Thankyou for the kind words, but it just shows that I can BS most of the people most of the time. LOL. And don't foget that in between posts and trips to the grocery store I have taken time to make about 40 trips to the tropics for scuba diving. All since 2005.

PICS AND VIDS OR IT DIDENT HAPPEN.:p

madman350
03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
bfisher =do you spear fish, or just swim ? please tell us a bit. i sight fished for reds/tarpon, it is great fun, an exciting element vs.going fishing& waiting for the cork to get pulled under, spear fishing must be like archery hunting IMO, just with a lot higher odds of seeing food down there, why wait for them to come to you when you can go to them. i cant wait til i get to do it. i'm thinkin 20lb grouper. no layer upon layer of camo, no scent control, no sore butt/back sitting in a cold tree for 4 hrs. etc..just swim, point and shoot= fish fillets. even if you just swim while scuba divin the sights are still something to behold, huh?

bfisher
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
PICS AND VIDS OR IT DIDENT HAPPEN.:p

GD, I have one 10 minute video on Vimeo. I know I've promised to post some, but I haven't taken the time. Most of my videos, although amateurish, tend to be stories of the trips we take, showing what we say and did, mostly underwater. And by "we" I mean others on the trip as we often travel in groups. You Tube and Vimeo limit videos to 10 minutes and mine are all somewhere between 40 min and 1 hour. What I'd have to do is get into my editor and do a lot of cropping to get them down to size (time). It's a lot of work. I used to have about 4 hours of raw footage for a 1 week trip. Come home and start editing it to make a story line, do all the color corrrecting, adding transitions, and titles, then listen to and pick the right music for the scenes. It used to take me a month to end up with a 1 hour video. I might listen to 200 songs to get the 5 or 6 that I want. I'm real picky about the music. So by the time I'm done I'm burned out and need another trip just to start all over again.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and sit down and make a few short ones for on=line viewing.

Madman350, I don't spearfish these days. I did that in 1970 when I first started diving. I started doing still photos in 2005 and a year later needed more of a challenge so started video. Underwater video is very challenging as it's a form of multitasking. There isn't a whole lot of hard swiming involved as things tend to move slow underwater and I've found there isn't a thing in the water that I can catch if it don't want caught. I've learned to slow down and see the thousands of little critters and things hiding in the coral and crevices. I see big critters too, sharks being very rare. Tarpon? I've drifted right through a whole schoal of 4 and 5 footers, hundreds of them. Been face to face with green mory eels big enough to swallow my camcorder housing. In Fiji a few years ago I had a 9' bull shark hit my camera, he was that close. Spotted eagle rays with tails 15' long. Been in the middle of bait balls like you see on TV (Blue Planet and Planet Earth). So far I have not seen whale sharks or Dolphins.

The south pacific is my favorite place to dive. The corals and colors are just astounding, Fiji in particular. Alas, I don't go there often enough. Most places I'm interested in entail as much as 36 hours of travel, coming from the east coast. Being on an airplane for up to 24 hours at a clip is not fun. And these trip get expensive because I go for two weeks at a time, minimum. I won't even discuss the jet lag---each way.

I'll have to see what pics I can come up with. The puter I had all my stills on crashed a couple years ago so they're all gone. I'll try digging on the other three to see what is on them. I might have some on my BIG puter that gets used for nothing but photo and video.

One other thing I wanted to say about diving that's cool. When diving it doesn't matter how loud somebody yells at you. You don't hear it. And it's one place my wife won't go so it's my haven.

B4L Okie
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I have a 2011 Pantera.. will that good lookin carbon sts work on it? Mine is held by the 2 set screws and not threaded on back side hole. Thanks.

wscywabbit
03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
It might if the rear quick connect sits@90 to the string. To be sure you could call and ask.