PDA

View Full Version : Another rest question?

Thermodude
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Picked up a 2011 Onza III tonight, trial shots were through a biscuit but wanting to switch over to the fall away type that Im used to. Im a dropzone guy but just looking at the mount and how the pull cable comes in contact with the bridge of the riser on this bow? I tried a tripwire and same results..........what do other Onz shooters use?

wscywabbit
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
The bridge does present it's own set of challenges. I'm using a Trophy Ridge Revolution right now, but it took some fine tuning to get it to fit between the bridge. I think either the tripwire or the dropzone will work with the same finesse! :)

droppixel
02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Check this:

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?22662-Onza-3-Shooters

deerchser
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
After seeing Wabbits Onza I think you can get a drop zone on one with out too much problem.

Ehunter
02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I use the Trophy Taker FC Extreme. Only mounting problem is the riser side of the containment cage. I just cut the top half of that side off, and mounted the rest. Works like a charm, and still looks good.

droppixel
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Gotta say I might be a Limb Driver pusher after getting this one on my Alien and taking a hand full of shots with it.

Tosi
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
I have two Martin bow I own, one with Fury XT the other with the Nitro Cams. I'm shooting the Limb Driver Standard and have no issue with either bow to include shooting both AAE vanes & FOBs. Both bows are shooting over 300 and the rest get out of the way each time with little or no bounce back. I have some black cloth tape to help out with noise in the V part of the drop. A Cobra arrow holder helps keeps the arrow in place before the draw cycle. I do have to trim the arrow holder just a little to insure the FOBs has clearance. You can't go wrong with the LD. May want to CK out the Limb driver Pro. Goggle Limb drive and ck thier web page out and videos.

Thermodude
02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, Im sold on the type of rest that I want to use the thing I was worried about regardless which type of rest thats used is the contact. .....if any........from the pull cord with the riser bridge. Im gonna try my Dropzone and see what happens.

WileyJ
02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I had that discussion when I bought the bow, I found out they make a spacer to offset the rest from the briged riser! Atleast QAD does, I'm sure others are smart enough to figure that out with all the Hoyt owners out there!

Thermodude
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Just wanted to pass this along to the Onza shooters out there that know what Im talking about when I say its hard to fit a fall away rest in the bridged riser..............well, the Octane Tripwire works great! Ill post pics soon.