PDA

View Full Version : my cable slide broke off today

timbow
02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I dont know What caused it to break i was out shootin and when i shot it snaped and flew off. It was snowin so it was cold maybe thats why it broke. Any way i shoot a 2010 cheetah what cable slides do you guys recomend.

droppixel
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Saunders Hyper Glide

Double S
02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
That same thing happened to me about 3-4 years ago with my PSE bow. I had an arrow nocked, I had the half way up and pulling. Right as I was near anchor I heard a thud sound and something struck me below my right eye. I touched my face and I had blood on my hand. I knew I wasn't blind but I got cut below the eye. Fortunately I had my bow pointed down range when it went off prematurely. I found the arrow in the grass. I the bow looked alright. I found half of the cable slide on the grass. I figured it was what hit me in the face. I did take the bow to the shop just to make sure it was safe to shoot. I hope you were not hurt?. I don't know if I maybe overdrew or the slide just failed.

I bought a Sims limbsaver Teflon slide for my PSE.
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sims-limbsaverr-teflonr-cable-slide.html

NuttyNative
02-29-2012, 05:00 PM
saunders hyper glide

x2..........

timbow
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
I actually got to full draw and shot as normal but when i shot the arrow it broke right were the strings sit in the groves. So it was just like a normal shot i didnt get hurt. I just orderd the alpine mach 5 cable slide hopefully it works great.

NuttyNative
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Nobody in town had the Hyper Glide in stock so I put a Mach 5 on my Firecat and is working great.