PDA

View Full Version : pictures of new bengal

motohead1967
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
my new bengal and iam loving it.still needs a little tooning. the string is hitting the ajustment wheel. Going to take it back to the shop to have the came lean fix. But all in all having a grate time shooting it and Joel is sending me my string stop. love the martin costimer service. Hutch see the string being eaten up by the wheel I will get a new string from you. Iam thinking of colors now.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Nice to see your pics of a sweet bow. Hope the shop fixes your problem. Sure do like the Bengal. My 2010 is sweet. I bet the 2012 is sweeter.

Hutch:cool:

Double S
02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
That's a handsome bow. I wish you the best with it.

wscywabbit
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Congrats on the nice bow!

andy_camping
02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Very interesting. How did you realize this was happening...just the string wear? How do they fix the cam lean? I've got the new Bengal also and don't want this to happen. Congrats on the new bow.

gravedigger
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Very interesting. How did you realize this was happening...just the string wear? How do they fix the cam lean? I've got the new Bengal also and don't want this to happen. Congrats on the new bow.

twisting the cable in one direction or the other depending on the cam lean/limb twist,and curent specs of the bow.lets say the ATA is a 1/4 inch high on the left side,you would add twists to the cable on the left side to pull it down to math the right side.

gravedigger
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
motorhead that is a looker for sure.again a big congrats to you

motohead1967
02-29-2012, 07:00 PM

I am picky about every weapon I have and I read to much. I check every thing I shot before and after. That is how I realized it. Now to how to fix it. Hutch told me how. Have to twist the string to get the cams back in line. I will not be doing the work. I am unsure of my self there as of right now. First bow in 20+ years so taking it the shop to have it done.

deerchser
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Very nice. I shot a Bengal last week when along with the Cougar. It was very hard to decide which one to get.

polaris754
03-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Congrats on yer new kitty , Cant wait to get one,Always wanted a Bengal looks like waiting is gonna pay off ,that bow looks awesome!:)

andy_camping
03-01-2012, 04:28 AM
twisting the cable in one direction or the other depending on the cam lean/limb twist,and curent specs of the bow.lets say the ATA is a 1/4 inch high on the left side,you would add twists to the cable on the left side to pull it down to math the right side.

Ok, so if that's the case if the ATA is the same on both sides there should not be any cam lean....correct?

Thanks guys for the info.

joelc
03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
Ok, so if that's the case if the ATA is the same on both sides there should not be any cam lean....correct?

Thanks guys for the info.

No. Virtually EVERY bow that uses a cable guard will have some lean to the limbs and cams...this is the nature of the beast with EVERY manufacturer. That is not to say that having slight lean will effect performance or consistency. "Cam Lean" blew up online thanks to websites like ArcheryTalk...it started with Bow-Tech and spread like wildfire. All of a sudden "Cam Lean" was the hottest topic of concern even though it is truly a non-issue. If a guy is looking at his cams while he is shooting he's got bigger problems than "Cam Lean". These days I wouldn't be the least bit hesitant to shoot any manufacturers product no matter how bad the perceived "Cam Lean" is. If you want to talk scary, take a look at PSE's "LIMB BEND"!!! Those limbs look like they might touch tip to tip there is so much bend...you know what?...I'd shoot that bow too.

gravedigger
03-01-2012, 06:31 AM
No. Virtually EVERY bow that uses a cable guard will have some lean to the limbs and cams...this is the nature of the beast with EVERY manufacturer. That is not to say that having slight lean will effect performance or consistency. "Cam Lean" blew up online thanks to websites like ArcheryTalk...it started with Bow-Tech and spread like wildfire. All of a sudden "Cam Lean" was the hottest topic of concern even though it is truly a non-issue. If a guy is looking at his cams while he is shooting he's got bigger problems than "Cam Lean". These days I wouldn't be the least bit hesitant to shoot any manufacturers product no matter how bad the perceived "Cam Lean" is. If you want to talk scary, take a look at PSE's "LIMB BEND"!!! Those limbs look like they might touch tip to tip there is so much bend...you know what?...I'd shoot that bow too.

so so so very true,and as far as pse goes man i hear ya.wwhen ever i see a pse sittig at rest it look like it is at way over draw,i would hate to see one at draw,i bet them limbs will poke an eye out.lol,j/k

but really them limbs lookj scarry

longshot1154
03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
my new bengal and iam loving it.still needs a little tooning. the string is hitting the ajustment wheel. Going to take it back to the shop to have the came lean fix. But all in all having a grate time shooting it and Joel is sending me my string stop. love the martin costimer service. Hutch see the string being eaten up by the wheel I will get a new string from you. Iam thinking of colors now.

Motohead,

I have the same bow and my string is also getting serving separation, just a little higher up than yours. I did get both sides to almost the same ATA, I would say less than 1/16" difference by twisting the cables. It is a great shooting bow. I am getting ready to drop the string down to the minus 10 post, as I have been feeling some shoulder pain and don't really want to miss out on shooting due to me doing damage to the shoulder. Actually came on here to see the Bengal review with it set on 60 and saw your post. Have fun with your bow.

longshot1154
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, finished setting the bow to 60 pounds and what a difference, no shoulder pain and great draw. Need to adjust the peep now, gained 1/2" on the ATA. Next couple of days I will adjust and paper tune again. Backed the limb bolts out and then had to press it just a bit with the bowmaster to get the string loose. Took about 5 minutes to make the switch.