PDA

View Full Version : My Cougar FC

deerchser
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I finally got the sight arm from TR. Got her put together and ready to shoot. Here is a few pics. What do you guys think?

2012 Cougar FC
Fury XT cam
Torohy Ridge Firewire V5 sight
Red Ripcord rest
Alpine MR2 stabilizer (six shooter)
Trophy Ridge quiver

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/deerchser/CougarFC003.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/deerchser/CougarFC004.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/deerchser/CougarFC005.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/deerchser/CougarFC006.jpg

Double S
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Your setup looks great. I like the sight pins!.

deerchser
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Your setup looks great. I like the sight pins!.

I love that sight. It makes it way earier to get a sight picture on your target. When it comes to hunting, it is easier to make sure you are holding right behind the shoulder.

Speedykills
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Nice...............:cool:

wscywabbit
03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Nice! Now come over and let me shoot it! ;)

deerchser
03-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Nice! Now come over and let me shoot it! ;)

Sure, you want to borrow my arms so you can reach the back wall? Or do you perfer to get your own?

Have to try to shoot tomorrow. besides we need to fine tune the DL. I had to change my release just a little bit.

Thermodude
03-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Awsome rig dude!!!

wscywabbit
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
no worries, if its not raining bad we can get the chrono out too.

deerchser
03-02-2012, 06:14 PM
no worries, if its not raining bad we can get the chrono out too.

Aint that what your sheds for?

gravedigger
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
no doubt a killer for sure.be nice to take a cat with that cat.

droppixel
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
What is the sight arm for? I just put a V5 on my Alien, so far I really like it, haven't been able to really mess with it much yet though.

deerchser
03-02-2012, 07:10 PM
no doubt a killer for sure.be nice to take a cat with that cat.

Yes......yes it would

What is the sight arm for? I just put a V5 on my Alien, so far I really like it, haven't been able to really mess with it much yet though.

The sight arm is the part of the sight that attaches to the riser. When My other bow blem up it broke again. Trophy ridge was kind enough to send me another one. BTW, they have great CS over there.

motohead1967
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
cool looking bow. like the sight

droppixel
03-03-2012, 04:34 AM
The sight arm is the part of the sight that attaches to the riser. When My other bow blem up it broke again. Trophy ridge was kind enough to send me another one. BTW, they have great CS over there.

Gotcha, was thinking it was the piece you had mounted to it, but I'm assuming that is for a quiver. I have heard these sights have had a history of breaking where it machines down at the adjustments, but that wasn't going to keep me from getting one. Figure they would take care of it if that happened to me.

coachjdub
03-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Good looking bow! Just wondering what made you choose the Fury Cam between the Fury and the Nitro? Did you shoot them both?

deerchser
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Gotcha, was thinking it was the piece you had mounted to it, but I'm assuming that is for a quiver. I have heard these sights have had a history of breaking where it machines down at the adjustments, but that wasn't going to keep me from getting one. Figure they would take care of it if that happened to me.
I just geve them a call and they tossed one in the mail. It was that easy.

Good looking bow! Just wondering what made you choose the Fury Cam between the Fury and the Nitro? Did you shoot them both?

I did shoot both. I went with the Fury for a couple reasons. One, its what they had at the store. 2, its what they had at the store.

Ok, so I like how both shoot, they are both shoot on the draw but the Fury draws a little easier for me. I am only about a year and a half out of having my shoulder rebuilt and didnt want to temp it yet. It is 100% healed, but not 100% strong. So, I figured I would error on the side of a solid shoulder.

BTW, I threw a few thru the crono today at Wabbits house. 244 fps with 535 gr arrows. I figure thats decent. Oh, and it reminded me why they are the most accurate bows in the world. We had it set up and french tuned in about 12 shots. Sighted for 20 in a few more. At this point I have it rough sighted out to 40. This thing shoots sweet.

coachjdub
03-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Looks like you got yourself a great bow! Thanks for the info on the different Cams. I am going to have to shoot them both for myself.

deerchser
03-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Looks like you got yourself a great bow! Thanks for the info on the different Cams. I am going to have to shoot them both for myself.

Thats always the best way. Like I said. I like both and the nitro is faster. PM wscywabbit and ask him a few questions. He has the nitro cams on his Onza 3. And has been doing a little tinkering with the set up of them.