PDA

View Full Version : What 2012 Martin Bow would you recommend?

MartinHunter12
03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I have been looking hard at the 2012 Martin bows, and all of them look great! The bengal pro defiantley stands out to me, but all of them look great (Cougar FC, Pantera Magnum, Silencer..etc,). Of course i'm going to have to go shoot them and decide mainly by that, but what would YOU guys recommend??

bfisher
03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Definitely go shoot them, but most are do close in specs that those with the same cam(s) are going to feel about the same. Pay attention to the little details like whether the bow comes with an STS or has provisions to mount one (rear hole). The new Fury XT cam has a lot of adjustment so maybe that will draw your attention. The Nitro cam is going to draw just about as smooth, but be faster and some say it draws smoother than the Fury.

All the bows should be fairly quiet and have very little vibration so if you happen to shoot one that has either then don't count it out as it probably just doesn't have the cam timed right or if Nitro cams they aren't in sync properly. A few twists of the rigging could straighten out that problem real quick.

Does a little fancier machining appeal to you? Then maybe you'd like the Cougar more. Who knows? You might shoot one bow better than another just because the aesthetics appeal to you more. Just be sure that when you shoot each and compare them that they are all set and physically measured for the same draw length. If they are different it can change the way they feel dramatically, especially if it's too long.

Speedykills
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Cougar FC hands down............

Thermodude
03-04-2012, 09:44 AM
The Pantera shoots great, very accurate but you really do need to shoot them get the feel. I bought the Pantera as my 3D bow becuase of the longer ATA, so far its doing a great job for me.

CarlosII
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
don't know if i'd recommend it for your, but i've got the hots for one of them scepter v's. :)

wscywabbit
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I've shot the Bengal and the Cougar FC with the Fury cams... they would both be welcome in my arsenal. I kinda like the longer ATA of the Pantera though...

Of course you can't go wrong with an Onza! ;)

MartinHunter12
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
thanks for the suggestion guys!!

deerchser
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I would say the Cougar FC as that is what I shoot.......

Truth is, the bow that fits you the best is the right one for you. Peroid.

Money Man
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Another thing to consider, as it was stated in one of the reviews on here. If you have a longer draw, it was reported that the draw on these bows are running a little long, so if you are close to what the printed specs say, try it and see. It may work out for you.

elkslayer4x5
03-05-2012, 04:48 AM
I have been looking hard at the 2012 Martin bows, and all of them look great! The bengal pro defiantley stands out to me, but all of them look great (Cougar FC, Pantera Magnum, Silencer..etc,). Of course i'm going to have to go shoot them and decide mainly by that, but what would YOU guys recommend??

That you go shoot them all! :D

zinked
03-06-2012, 04:26 AM
i have two close friends and one has a carbon matrix and one has a z7 and they said if they could return there bows they would buy a silencer after they shot mine

madman350
03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
how much do you got in that silencer? offer to trade them yours and throw in a little bit of dough, sell off the big buck bow online and go buy you another silencer ...or 2 !

bowgramp59
03-07-2012, 03:07 AM
i haven't shot any of the bows mentioned ! i do like the looks of the silencer & pantera . i've had the pantera in my hand, like the 34 ata. what i would like to have they don't make. i would like to have a bow with the bengal riser 33 or 34 ata , alien x limbs , hybrex cams, that would be a perfect hunting bow IMO .

bfisher
03-07-2012, 03:58 AM
i haven't shot any of the bows mentioned ! i do like the looks of the silencer & pantera . i've had the pantera in my hand, like the 34 ata. what i would like to have they don't make. i would like to have a bow with the bengal riser 33 or 34 ata , alien x limbs , hybrex cams, that would be a perfect hunting bow IMO .

Just FYI there is no discernable difference between the Hybrix and Nitro cams except the name. Martin proved this to me with my 2011 Nemisis. It was built and shipped with a Hybrix on the bottom and a Nitro on the top, which I did have replaced but the bow shot OK and both cams rolled over the same. The limbs? Now that Martin has worked out their previous limb problem they no longer use Barnesdale limbs so all the bows, Martin and Rytera are sporting the Power Tuff limbs. Want a 34" bow? No problem. That would be the Nemisis or you could order a Pantera with Nitro cams.

jwatts
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I just got done shooting the Cougar with nitro cams, onza, and the silencer. Wow, all great bows. I am ordering the Cougar with nitro cams. I broke 3 out of 6 arrows shooting so good with the cougar and silencer so I'm kind of sold.

bowgramp59
03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Just FYI there is no discernable difference between the Hybrix and Nitro cams except the name. Martin proved this to me with my 2011 Nemisis. It was built and shipped with a Hybrix on the bottom and a Nitro on the top, which I did have replaced but the bow shot OK and both cams rolled over the same. The limbs? Now that Martin has worked out their previous limb problem they no longer use Barnesdale limbs so all the bows, Martin and Rytera are sporting the Power Tuff limbs. Want a 34" bow? No problem. That would be the Nemisis or you could order a Pantera with Nitro cams.

i have 2 nemesis bows 2010 & a 2011 they are very good bows very fast and smooth on the draw . i just really like the looks of the bengal riser. & you are right the nitro & hybrex are the same . i had a pair of hybrex that i bought for my oldest alien xs , one of the first released with the lighter cams. one of the cables ran off the cams on the onza , bent the cams . while i was waiting for the replacements to come in, i put the hybrex on the onza, noughthing changed ata, brace, peak draw wt. was the same with the cables & string @ the factory lengths. the only difference is the nitro cams are a little heavyer .