PDA

View Full Version : Good thing i have a Martin bow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedykills
03-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Thats why i like martin bows no press needed.Bottom limb cracked sending them off to martin since my proshop is so dang far from me.

droppixel
03-04-2012, 10:04 AM
This has definitely been one of the major martin perks. I tried putting together a diy press for s&g's last night and wasn't working as well as I thought it would, mainly because I got impatient with it. Was going off the ones guys have made with the cable and turnbuckles - realized just turning out the bolts, while can take a little longer, is frankly easier than anything else.

wscywabbit
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Sucks about the limbs, but at least you found it WAY before hunting season ;)

motohead1967
03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
ok maybe a dumb question you can just removed the bolts with out a press. I have been looking a this one press made of a cable and a ratchet. The shop that I took m6y bow to told me to leave it alone. I wanted them bring it closer to the 31 ata. So if I turn out the bolt almost all the way I could twist my string with out the limbs going flying.

deerchser
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Sorry about the limbs but at least you know they will take care of you. Good luck with the replacement and getting it back into good shape.

Speedykills
03-04-2012, 12:37 PM
If you have those barrel nuts then most likely you can.All i did was back limb bolts out till i saw day light in barrel nuts,at this point there is very little pressure.I then tied a long shoe lace between limbs with a little tension,then twisted cam pulled control cable off then loosend shoe lace then took off cams,then limbs.
Remember key word is barrel nuts.

wscywabbit
03-04-2012, 12:48 PM
ok maybe a dumb question you can just removed the bolts with out a press. I have been looking a this one press made of a cable and a ratchet. The shop that I took m6y bow to told me to leave it alone. I wanted them bring it closer to the 31 ata. So if I turn out the bolt almost all the way I could twist my string with out the limbs going flying.

yes it's fairly easy to do with out a press. But the bow master press (the cable type press) is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. You'll want to get the parallel limb extensions though... there are two types one is for split limb bows the other is for split limbs and parallel limbs (like most new bows these days). The way to tell is that you want the longer ones ;)

Speedykills
03-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Boy ill be glad when i get them limbs..........;)