PDA

View Full Version : peep eliminator any one using one?

motohead1967
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Anyone us the peep eliminator. Come to find out today I need glasses. I was using a small peep at first before it came off. I am using a splitter right now and still cant see thru it with out it being blurry. Will have glasses soon. guess this come with age. But any was advice on the peep eliminator.

NuttyNative
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
You should look into the Specialty Archery peeps. They have interchangeable inserts and also have verifier and clarifier lens'.
http://www.specialtyarch.com/products-page/

motohead1967
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
You should look into the Specialty Archery peeps. They have interchangeable inserts and also have verifier and clarifier lens'.
http://www.specialtyarch.com/products-page/

ty looked at the web site. It is like putting glasses on your bow cool. Will have to go to one other shops to get help finding the right one for me ty again.

NuttyNative
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
ty looked at the web site. It is like putting glasses on your bow cool. Will have to go to one other shops to get help finding the right one for me ty again.

I use their standard peep now, my eyes are fading and will need the lens' in the future. Another cool thing with these is you can use different sights and not have to change the peep, just change the insert. :cool:

motohead1967
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I use their standard peep now, my eyes are fading and will need the lens' in the future. Another cool thing with these is you can use different sights and not have to change the peep, just change the insert. :cool:

ty again. sucks getting older. I need to find out what one I need. Going to make some calls. I will also have to used to wearing glasses when i get them.

bfisher
03-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Good idea to go to a shop that has the Specialty products. A smaller peep will often clear up the pins, but at the cost of light transfer for hunting. Being 64 (almost 65) I've had this affliction for quite a few years. My two main bows both have Specialty Ball peeps with Verifier lenses in them.

See if I can clear things up for you a bit. First off I'd go with the 1/4" peep, however make sure the angle is correct for you. There is general info on Specialty's website for choosing the proper angle, but a shop is where you find out for sure. The 1/4" peeps only come in 37*. Depending on the a2a of your bow and draw length you may need a 45* model. 45* models only accept 1/8" Verifiers. One thing nice about these peeps is that you can shoot them with or without a lens by just adding or removing said lens. No need to remove and replace the peep.

OK, now onto the Verifiers. Again, in FAQ section of Specialty's website this is all answered. Get one too strong and the pins become very sharp, but at the expense of the target being blurry. My gut tells me that you would only need a #4 or possibly a #5 lens. They go all the way to 9 in case you're totally blind. LOL.

Bear in mind that these things have some pitfalls. Nothing is perfect in this world. A little heavier they do slow the bow down a couple fps over a normal peep, but what's a couple fps if you can't see what you're shooting at anyway? The other is that they, like any lens, will not handle rain or snow too well, if you get my drift. The secret remedy to this is to just carry along the supplied Allen Wrench when hunting and remove the lens in those situations. I wouldn't worry about it fogging up as this isn't likely to happen unless you inadvertently breathe on it in cold weather. Again, keep that Allen Wrench handy.

The other pitfall? They aren't cheap, but what about this sport is?

Any more questions?

elkslayer4x5
03-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Specialty Archery also has a hooded 1/4" peep. Got one on my hunter, keeps out all but downpours. Kinda like a ballcap for your peep.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/products-page/peeps/14-large-peeps/14-large-peep/

motohead1967
03-06-2012, 06:11 AM
ty all for the info. Going to lancaster archery to check them out on saterday. Going to take my bow with me. So they can put in on if they have the right one for me. I will also have them check the cam on my bengal for lean.

bfisher
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Give them a call to see if they have them in stock. Most likely you'll be passing within a mile of my house on your way. I live about 40 miles from Lancaster Archery.