PDA

View Full Version : Martin QC

cmwr
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I am still shooting a 1997/98 Speed demon with Z cams. I love this bow. Been checking out the new Martins and can't find a dealer anywhere near. Everywhere u look there is dealers for all the major companies with plenty in stock to test fire before you buy. But not martin. It also seems to be a common problem as I have heard alot of archers in other parts of the country complaining that they can't find a Martin dealer within driving distance of where they live. I find dealers that can order martin but they don't stock any. They both told me it was because in the last few years they have had too many issues with martins QC. They said they had too many issues with the new bows they would get in not having the proper specs as claimed plus other issues so they quit stocking them. I was pretty bummed cause before this I had loved martin. Instead of asking this over on AT where everyone is a Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt lover, I figured I would ask here where true Martin lovers resided. Did martin have some QC issues in the last few years? Have they gotten things figured out? And I also wanted to know what was with the 2 piece bolt together risers that alot of the newer bows are using? I wasn't thrilled to learn that alot of the bows now have a 2 piece riser. All this said, in the past I have had excellent service from Martin tech support.

cmwr
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I just want to state, I am not bashing here. I have loved Martin Bows since I bought my first and current one in 2001. I just started hearing all this negative stuff lately and it got me wondering if Things were still as good as they once were. And I don't know why i can't find a dealer anywhere close that stocks anything but Mathews, PSE, Hoyt ect. Seems like everyone stocks everything but Martin and it is aggravating. For the first time ever, if I buy a new bow, I would like to test shoot several before I buy. In the past i always did mail order.

droppixel
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Believe what you may but a lot of the hype behind the "big 3" is advertising dollars and endorsements. The guys around me claim Martin's don't sell well and that is why they don't stock them. With every other Hoyt and Mathews fan-boy out there pushing their product down everyone's throats, that is what you are going to find in the shops. It is all buzz and that is all. I don't ever plan on owning any other brand of bow outside of a Martin or Rytera that is how committed I am to this brand and what they stand for. Have their been some issues (TRG) yeah sure, who hasn't had problems? Some of them I'm sure are covered up faster than others and it is easy for the guys that sell H&M to push those and try to put down other companies because that is where they make their money.

deerchser
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Here is a first hand take on some of the issues in the last few years. I bough a new 08 firecat, limb broke a couple months later, sent it in got it fixed, had cam issues ot elk camp, bow blew up after deer season, martin sent me a complete new bow. I just couldnt trust martin any more. I sold the 10 firecat, bouthg a Mathews Reezen, guess what? It blew up on me. No warrenty, no CS no nothing from Mathews. My bro-in-law bought a 2011 Onza and has put close to 1000 arrows through the bow, with no issues at all. I just picked up a new 2012 Martin Cougar FC. I never should have left Martin and never will again. Having had the "bad" bows and now a new one, there is a noticable difference in the limbs, limb pockets and the risers. I am sure that sone one will correct me if I am wrong here but I think the cougar is a 2 piece riser. it is as solid as any bow I have ever shot. You can be rest asured that Martin has turn the corner when it comes to QC. The ATA and brace heigth on my Cougar was spot on.

wscywabbit
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
The risers for the part few years have been 3 piece aluminum risers. There is QC issues with every company at some point or another. Martin did have limb problems for a few years running but those have been resolved.

Rest assured that Martin is one of the few companies that will stand behind their product even if something were to get past QC, or if something were to fail.

Don't worry, buy a Martin!

Speedykills
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Pretty sure it's a 3 piece riser..............

cmwr
03-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Pretty sure it's a 3 piece riser..............

I feel alot better now. I mean I have been a devoted Martin fan foir a while now. I wanted to make my next bow a Martin till I started hearing all the hype. But I think I feel comfy sticking with them. I am not necessarily in the market anytime soon anyways. Got other priorities. So out of curiosity, what is with the 3 piece riser? One shop told me it was cheaper to manufacture that way. That the reason?

HawgEnvy
03-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I would say that it it's more cost effective to produce a 3pc riser. I stripped my '08 Cheetah bare while prepping it for powder coat. I PROMISE these risers aren't coming apart! Dude,your safe with Martin all the way around. Good quality,solid performance,budget friendly,and the PRODUCT is warrantied. Not the user like most companies, as deerchsr found out.

I just wish they'd offer black instead of that horrible carbon look crap

cmwr
03-07-2012, 03:22 AM
I would say that it it's more cost effective to produce a 3pc riser. I stripped my '08 Cheetah bare while prepping it for powder coat. I PROMISE these risers aren't coming apart! Dude,your safe with Martin all the way around. Good quality,solid performance,budget friendly,and the PRODUCT is warrantied. Not the user like most companies, as deerchsr found out.

I just wish they'd offer black instead of that horrible carbon look crap

Man their lineup is impressive. I cannot tear myself away from their online catalog to go shower for work..;) Whats better the nitro hybrid cam or the fury single cam?

Money Man
03-07-2012, 03:56 AM
The shop I go to, will only sell Martin. I first went in there last year and I noticed he did not have a lot of stuff on the racks. All the bows were Martin with a couple others he was working on. The only ones he sold were Martin. All of his sights were HHA, and he had Easton and Victory arrows. His rests were QAD. I asked where all the other stuff was, and he told me, "if you want a different bow, go elsewhere, I only sell Martin because they are the best, and they stand behind their product. The same goes for the rests and sights. If you want other accessories, it can be ordered, but I stock what I believe in and items that are backed up by their manufacturer." When I am ready to buy a bow, I know where I am going.