PDA

View Full Version : Hey boys my limbs sound great

coolsam402
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I have a exile from last year and I just got it all set back up and it's still loud as poop. Even last year it was loud but I thought it was just cause I don't have it set up but I have string silencers and a sts on it now and a very nice sexy waxed string and it's quieter that befOr but compared to my buddies matthews and my buddies dads Hoyt and my other friends mission mine is at least 3 times louder than there's. My buddies mission you can't even hear him shoot and his dads is so quiet too but maybe a tad louder than his sons cuz he has the sts smack but I guess my question is when I shoot and like right after I release my bow is really loud idk what it is if it's the sts smach with I think is part of it or if it's the limbs whipping back to normal position is the limbs whipping like that normal or should I call Martin or should I get some limbsavers? Do the limbsavers do a lot? Thanks for help

Ehunter
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Definitely get some limbsavers or limbjax. Also, make sure your string isn't touching the STS when looking at the bow. There should be a 1/16th inch gap or so between the string and the STS. If the string is touching, it's really going to slam into the STS and create alot of noise.

HawgEnvy
03-07-2012, 03:11 AM
it's baaaaaack!

Money Man
03-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Welcome back Sam, you might want to try moving your sting silencers around to see if that makes any difference, I did that on mine and it helped out a ton. As stated above, make sure your STS is adjusted, and you can even try moving that around and experimenting to see if it gets quieter in different locations. Limbsavers should make a noticable improvement as well. I had one of mine fall off and when I replaced it, I could notice the difference, I went to Dick's sporting goods and picked them up. How heavy are your arrows, maybe try going to a heavier arrow I bought some aluminum arrows which are much heavier than the carbons I was shooting, just to see how much of a difference it would make and it is amazing what extra weight on an arrow does to make the bow quieter.

bfisher
03-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Check the bow against factory specs for brace height and a2a. Then check the max draw weight. Most times if one of these bows is loud it has to do with cam timing. Advancing the cam normally results in the bow being more quiet and a slightly smoother roll-over. If you post a pic of the cam from the side we might be able to see this and offer more help.

coolsam402
03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks guys. I did all that stuff except motive the silencers but for the limb savers should I get like stick on ones or should I get the ones that pse puts on there bows. I'll try the silencers when I get home. And Ill try messing with the sts more I usually mess with it everytime I shoot cuz I don't like the way it sounds

SJunior
03-07-2012, 06:03 AM
What string silencers are you using?

wscywabbit
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
I guess another question would be do you have an STS or the SOS? The SOS attaches to the TRG cable slide, and the STS has its own rod lower on the bow. From my experience, switching to the STS and regular cable slide made a big improvement on the sound level of my bow...

coolsam402
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Alright well I got home today and shot I moved around the string silencers and messed with the sts and it's still loud and I took off the sts and it was still loud but maybe a little less but I have an idea to fix that and moving the sting silencers did not do much of anything so the question still is what kinda limbsavers should I get and yes it's the sts not the SOS

coolsam402
03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Ohh and it's not letting me edit my old post but there leaches I have tried other silencers but I've hated them all these are the best

SJunior
03-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Catwhiskers!!! Never had leaches work on anything.

coolsam402
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Catwhiskers!!! Never had leaches work on anything.

Whiskers EDIT fall out. They slow your bow down. They can make extra noise there just awfule

SJunior
03-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Really???? I've used whiskers for years and have never had them make extra noise.

I should have known better than to post on your question.

droppixel
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Whiskers EDIT fall out. They slow your bow down. They can make extra noise there just awfule

You crazy. If you know how to tie them in properly they aren't going anywhere! The speed loss is well worth the silence gain in most instances imo. Extra noise, not sure where that is coming from.

I don't have any on my Alien, but do on my Cheetah. Right now I don't have anything but speed nocks on my X and it is pretty quiet as is. If anything I might add some String Bats or Monkey tails to get some extra color out there.

Tom Cat
03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Catwhiskers are the best.

polaris754
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey cool SAM , the whiskers u talk about cure most noise problems,my best advise to cure ur noise problems r too buy a pse or a matthews, . we at Martin know r bows r quiet out of the box, so to help ur problem i strongly think a manufactures change is necessary,:rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Whiskers whiskers whiskers!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

B4L Okie
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Try the x factor stuff string, limb dampers and stabs r unbelievable. The string silencers r guaranteed for for life i think

coolsam402
03-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey cool SAM , the whiskers u talk about cure most noise problems,my best advise to cure ur noise problems r too buy a pse or a matthews, . we at Martin know r bows r quiet out of the box, so to help ur problem i strongly think a manufactures change is necessary,:rolleyes:

?????????????????? If your saying how martins are Poopy bows💩💩💩💩💩 and I should buy a better one. Way ahead of you just trying to get a target bow I can mess with and I tie in my wisecrack great it's just they suck

coolsam402
03-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Try the x factor stuff string, limb dampers and stabs r unbelievable. The string silencers r guaranteed for for life i think

Ya I have there leeches there the bomb

Money Man
03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I removed my leeches to put whiskers on. Much happier. Your original question was to make it quieter, not speed it up. So you need to decide what you want to do. If you are hunting, quiet is better. If you are target shooting, the targets will not jump your sting due to noise. If you don't want people to give opinions as to what you should try, don't ask the question. Have you ever been over to AT? You might like it there.

B4L Okie
03-08-2012, 08:13 PM
If you have xfactor leeches then try their limbsavers and stab too... if its noisy then ur bow outa tune guaranteed. Oh and off to AT 4 u I think when the admin sees ur last post... poor coolsammy

wscywabbit
03-08-2012, 08:22 PM
The stick on kind work just fine imo. The quad ones are best, but so are the limb jax from bow jax

coolsam402
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The stick on kind work just fine imo. The quad ones are best, but so are the limb jax from bow jax

What are the quad ones like. An about the limb Jax???

coolsam402
03-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Just looked it up ya the quad ones were the ones I was looking at and then the pse ones like these. http://www.pse-archery.com/products/productdetail/LIMB+BAND%2C+PAIR/part_number=01144/445.5.1.1.18670.438.0.0.0?pp=12& Were what my question was on or should I get both?????????

polaris754
03-09-2012, 12:43 AM
?????????????????? If your saying how martins are Poopy bows and I should buy a better one. Way ahead of you just trying to get a target bow I can mess with and I tie in my wisecrack great it's just they suck

Sam you are a very annoying type of critter ,My statement clearly states ,If you are not happy with your bows performance, ITS not the bow , Remember u picked your bow it didnt pick you, Maybe it dosnt like you,All said and done, :(

HawgEnvy
03-09-2012, 05:42 AM
lol-ing. I could've put money down on how this thread was going to turn out.
Sam,dude,buy a Mathews. You deserve it. You and a Mathews was made for each other. It's your soul mate. Move on. Send your piece of crap Martin to me. I'll give it a good home and shut her up.

bfisher
03-09-2012, 06:52 AM
If you have xfactor leeches then try their limbsavers and stab too... if its noisy then ur bow outa tune guaranteed. Oh and off to AT 4 u I think when the admin sees ur last post... poor coolsammy

Yes, Sam has been kind of a thorn in the side of this forum for a while now. I just attempted to go thru the procedure of banning him and see that Simon is ahead of me. Good job Simon.

Double S
03-09-2012, 06:53 AM
He's on a little vacation. I'm closing this thread.