PDA

View Full Version : Dealers

cmwr
03-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Why are certain big city archery dealers allowed to be listed as Martin dealers on the Martin dealer locator even though the said dealers in a phone conversation have told me they don't stock Martins anymore and only order if someone requests them. They stock and push Mathews, PSE, Bear, Hoyt ect. Should a dealer who has enough revenue to stock everyone elses bows be allowed to remain a Martin dealer if they are not gonna keep many or any Martin bows in stock for archers to test shoot? I am not referring to the small town shop who can't afford to stock much. I mean the big shops who just don't stock a martin cause they say they don't sell well ect. yet they remain listed as a dealer?

Ehunter
03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I tend to agree with you. I think they should at least have demo bows in their shops. The other side of that coin is, at least they can order them even if they don't stock them. I do wonder how many "dealers" just order them off the internet though........

Thermodude
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I also agree! The dealer I go to has one Martin on the rack covered up with Mathews and Hoyts. Ive been shooting 3D with all the guys from that shop this year, Im the only Martin out of 5 shooters.......so far this year my Pantera has smoked em all!

NuttyNative
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I tend to agree with you. I think they should at least have demo bows in their shops. The other side of that coin is, at least they can order them even if they don't stock them. I do wonder how many "dealers" just order them off the internet though........

The issue with that : You need to pay for it up front so they will order it. If you don't like it for some reason or change your mind your stuck with it because it was "special ordered". I run into that in every place that carry bows because NOBODY stocks left handed anything, don't matter which manufacturer for us leftys.
I really wanted to compare the Silencer and Firecat 360, not one dealer in Nevada and 200 miles into California had anything in left hand.

cmwr
03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I also agree! The dealer I go to has one Martin on the rack covered up with Mathews and Hoyts. Ive been shooting 3D with all the guys from that shop this year, Im the only Martin out of 5 shooters.......so far this year my Pantera has smoked em all!

Rock on dude!

cmwr
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
The issue with that : You need to pay for it up front so they will order it. If you don't like it for some reason or change your mind your stuck with it because it was "special ordered". I run into that in every place that carry bows because NOBODY stocks left handed anything, don't matter which manufacturer for us leftys.
I really wanted to compare the Silencer and Firecat 360, not one dealer in Nevada and 200 miles into California had anything in left hand.

Lefty here too I feel ur pain

bfisher
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Yeah Man, you go git 'em Thermodude.

dmw
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Mathews , Hoyt , Bowtec, big money and most people ask for what they see advertised.
and they spend more to get their name in front of people. It doesn't mean their better,
just better advertised .

cmwr
03-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Yea I am a member over at AT and enjoy that site but I am really getting sick of CONSTANTLY having mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, and other name brand companies getting rammed down your throat every second of every day. You seldom if ever hear about Martin, Bear, and others. The only company that's been around a long time that still has a loyal following over there is PSE and I say kudos to them. I always liked PSE as well as Martin. I am glad someone can shut them boys up about their designer bows at least..:p

andy_camping
03-10-2012, 04:55 AM
I couldn't agree more. We should be informing Martin of each and every dealer who really doesn't even stock their bows. I think this is totally BS. I've also experience the "Martin" dealer who is really just pushing their Mathews equipment, as far superior. Then, when you want to be able to compare the two brands the only thing they have in the shop is a bunch of Mathews bow. "But we can order you one!" Total crap.

Martin has to be the best valued bows on the market right now and we as owners have to pump them up to our fellow archers and change the mind set out there. In this day and age why would I pay $1,000 for a hunting bow when I can buy one that is just as quiet, smooth, functional and Made In the USA for 60 years for less than half the price. In real world economics it doesn't make sense that the boutique companies would still be in business. It's their hype machine that has brainwashed the archers out there that anything else is crap. Why do you think their bows cost so much? Big money for pro shooters, tons of ad dollars for TV shows and sponserships and forum poachers who constantly bombard the internet with hype. Don't believe the hype people, shoot them side by side (if you can find a place to do so) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for allowing me to rant!!

bfisher
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Andy, you last posts pretty well sums things up. The younger generations will believe anything and money isn't an issue with them. Most of them are just like cattle and don't kow how to think for themselves.

cmwr
03-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Andy, you last posts pretty well sums things up. The younger generations will believe anything and money isn't an issue with them. Most of them are just like cattle and don't kow how to think for themselves.

Money is an issue for most i suspect. It's credit thats not an issue. Thus why everyone is so broke nowadays. Cha ching.

NuttyNative
03-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm going to try & do my part for advertising tomorrow. Takin the Firecat to it's first 3d shoot, I shoot hunter freestyle (release & adjustable sight). Pretty sure it'll be the only Martin.

Heres a different slant on things, just an observation so don't beat me up too bad.
Martin Archery is the main sponsor of Spirit of the Wild with Ted Nugent. A very successful show no matter how you feel about uncle Ted. So.... why is it he shoots a 5 year old Firecat and not one of the new models? I can understand personal preferance, comfortability, and reliability of his current bow. But from a sponsorship stand point wouldn't you want your "investment" promoting your top dogs? Maybe mix it up to show Martins line up? An Onza 3 for a few shows, a Pantera, Silencer, new Firecat, and then there are the Rytera's.
He has mentioned his Rytera a few times but I've only seen him use the old Firecat. Martin needs to up the ante a scosh. Not go overboard and force feed the masses, just highlight what they have. People don't know what they are missing with Martin, only what they've been told by "other" dealers. I say SHOW them what they are missing.

Thermodude
03-11-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm going to try & do my part for advertising tomorrow. Takin the Firecat to it's first 3d shoot, I shoot hunter freestyle (release & adjustable sight). Pretty sure it'll be the only Martin.

Heres a different slant on things, just an observation so don't beat me up too bad.
Martin Archery is the main sponsor of Spirit of the Wild with Ted Nugent. A very successful show no matter how you feel about uncle Ted. So.... why is it he shoots a 5 year old Firecat and not one of the new models? I can understand personal preferance, comfortability, and reliability of his current bow. But from a sponsorship stand point wouldn't you want your "investment" promoting your top dogs? Maybe mix it up to show Martins line up? An Onza 3 for a few shows, a Pantera, Silencer, new Firecat, and then there are the Rytera's.
He has mentioned his Rytera a few times but I've only seen him use the old Firecat. Martin needs to up the ante a scosh. Not go overboard and force feed the masses, just highlight what they have. People don't know what they are missing with Martin, only what they've been told by "other" dealers. I say SHOW them what they are missing.

This is dead on!! Ted really should use the new lineup to help promte sales........to help get new Martins into the hands of people who have never shot them. I personaly dropped the outdoor channel years ago, for alot of reasons but I know how many veiwers it draws and Teds show gets watched. I too use my Martin for 3D and Ive lost count of how many people walk up to look at my bow just to see what it is. Seriously if its not one of the big 3 most people dont even know other bows are made!

madman350
03-12-2012, 09:32 AM
...I personaly dropped the outdoor channel years ago, for alot of reasons ...

i dropped the outdoor channel just for one reason...cost... i refused to buy the bundle of other stations i didnt want that it was included with, just so i could get the outdoor channel.

bowhunttch
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all

Thermodude
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey guys i just signed on to be a Martin dealer here in georgia . Im also the strother dealer and im tired of the other bow companies to if u dont have 30,00 dollars to spend with them they want talk to u or your shop is not on town. They have forgotten where they go there start with the little archery shop. So im going to stock martin bows i have shot them and they shoot as good as any 1000 dollar bow. i think alot of people will buy them if if they see there shop owners shooting them so our plan is to put a couple of 3d rigs on the circuit and showem what martins can do. a company this old most being doing something right. just my thoughts good luck to all

Right on dude........if I can help in any way let me know!

gravedigger
03-12-2012, 04:26 PM

welcome to the forum.
thanks for putting the bows out ther.if a few more folks like you would stock a martin or 2 i think people would look at them.they are very over looked bows,even in oregon and im a few hours from martin head quarters.thanks agin for giveing em a go

wscywabbit
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Right on, welcome to the forum!

dugout
03-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Marin is an old line meaning they have been there forever. Many older dealers have been martin dealers for a long time, sometimes more active than other times. The Martin dealer near me is a classic example with all the "popular" flash and sizzle lines and barely a representation of Martin. Back in the mid 90 they were stocked to the gills with Martin Bows.
Generally speaking companies don't scrutinize a dealer unless they become a problem as they all represent sales potential of some sort even if they don't currently invest in the Martin line with inventory.
Again, generally speaking, the manufacturer shares the burden of bring the customer through the door of the dealer. If they are not doing as good a job as other manufacturers at promotion they can't expect their dealers to invest in inventory.

joelc
03-13-2012, 05:18 AM

Keep in mind that what you see on television is not in real time. Ted always has the newest models each year. What you are seeing on television is from past hunts.

NuttyNative
03-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Keep in mind that what you see on television is not in real time. Ted always has the newest models each year. What you are seeing on television is from past hunts.

It may not be real time but I'm guessing some are of the current year. Seen one where he just had surgery and the info was consistant with his web site. The man is very educated and flamboyant. Alot of people tune in just to hear what he has to say and if he had the current models they also may take notice of what he's shooting. As a sponsor maybe a little persuasive conversation is needed?
Not bashin Joel, just a curious observation. Have been a fan of Ted's music and hunting since the 70's and Martin has treated me very well so far and I don't forsee either changing anytime soon.

cmwr
03-14-2012, 02:20 AM

Thats awesome. Best of luck to you. If you ever feel like franchising.....I live in southwest iowa.:cool: