PDA

View Full Version : bearings?

cmwr
03-07-2012, 03:28 AM
I am sorry bout all the silly questions guys but do all the Martin bows now both gold and pro have actual bearings in the cams or are they still using bushings? How do I know which models do or don't as they don't list this as a feature or spec on any of them.

bfisher
03-07-2012, 03:39 AM
They all have bearings and have for several years now.

bob cooly
03-07-2012, 05:10 AM
SOOOOO what do you do to keep your bearings lubed? And what are they lubed with? Can you lube them without taking your bow apart? Come on you pros share alittle knowledge.

bfisher
03-07-2012, 06:16 AM
No need to lube them with anything. They are lubed and sealed at the point of manufacture. About the only thing that needslubed on these bows are the limb bolts and between the Roto Cups and riser, and that only needs done, well......let's say very rarely if ever. They should have been lubed at Martin during assembly.

bowgramp59
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
barry is just full of info & he is right, i think in 2010 all martin bows came with the solid bearing that reaches from one side of the limb slot to the other, before that they had bearings but with plastic shims on each side. the new bearings are much better, less cam lean . i have dissasembled all of my bows to lube the roto cups and find that some are lubed at the factory and some aren't . as barry said i dought that you would not need to do this more than once in the life of the bow.