PDA

View Full Version : QAD or Trophy Ridge Revolution Rest??

jwatts
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I just ordered a new Martin Cougar and i need to get a new rest. Anyone have any info on a QAD Ultra rest or the Trophy ridge revolution? Thank you

Speedykills
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I just ordered a new Martin Cougar and i need to get a new rest. Anyone have any info on a QAD Ultra rest or the Trophy ridge revolution? Thank you

I have a qad hunter cheap model i put on my xforce a few weeks now with no problems at all.No fletching contact and is pretty quiet...

droppixel
03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Had a QAD on the Alien I picked up, didn't really care for it much. I ended up swapping on AT for a Limb Driver and I am more than happy with that decision. Super easy to get set up and just got a control string from Jim (archer7x) rigged up today. Matches the strings on the bow and looks friggin' amazing.

wscywabbit
03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
I have a revolution and it's great. no contact issues, it's quiet, and if it weren't for the bridge of the Onza it would have been a snap to set up.

SJunior
03-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Got a QAD Hunter on my Silencer, works great. Also have a QAD HDX in the box waiting to be put on something.

Tosi
03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Concur w/ droppixel, have three standard Limb Drives on my bows and can't be happier. All shoot AAE 2' hunter Max and or FOBs with no issues. If your shooting over 300fps you may wont to CK out LD web site and videos.

timbow
03-08-2012, 05:29 AM
I have the qad ultra rest Hd pro and love it great rest. Especially for hunting.

dragonsfire311
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I use a QAD ultra rest, no problems with fletching contact and it drops clean, no bounce back. shoot 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 20 yards.

mornicdad
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I own two martin bows. A 2011 silencer, and a 2011 exile I just bought brand new because I got a great deal on it. They both have trophy ridge revolution rests on them, and the work flawlessly. The QAD Ultra rest is nice. but I like to 3d shoot, spot shoot, and hunt. The trophy ridge is the perfect tool for me. Those two bows feel the same with that rest while shooting NOW. When I was testing the bows with standard rests, They felt completely different. Hope this helped
Paul

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-10-2012, 01:13 AM
If you are considering a trophy ridge revolution rest here is a link for the cheapest on the web http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/trophy-ridge-revolution-arrow-rest-rh/4,13368.html?AFF=BASE

Hutch:cool:

coachjdub
03-12-2012, 04:21 PM
The Revolution was on my watch list for my potential new bow, until I had heard several guys say on AT that they had problems with the longevity of the rest. I had heard there were some breakage issues. I still might try it out. I think its a great concept and I would belive it would be both accurate and quiet. But I had also heard the new Limbdriver Pro V's are also extremely accurate, easy to tune and quiet. So it is between those two for me. I never liked the QAD I guess. I currently shoot a G5 expert II. Love the rest, quiet accurate, but no containment. Still might put one on if I don't like the Limbdriver or Revolution. Good luck with your findings.