PDA

View Full Version : Idler Wheels on Panteras

B4L Okie
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok guys, dumb question time.... I have 2 Panteras, a 2010 and a 2011 model, both 45-60 lb. The idler wheels have the 3 curved inner spokes. 1 bow has the wheel spokes bent one way the other is like the wheel was turned around and the curve is the other direction. DOES THIS MATTER? Haven't shot the '11 as I just got it off Eb_y from KM Archery Hut for $297... seemed a good buy but didn't have the STS or the QD stab thing (ad stated it came with Quick lock stab mount w/QD). Came with the cable slide. Does the STS help that much anyway? Guess when she is ready to shoot I can tell from the other bow maybe. Thanks ahead of time ....and the B in B4L is Bowhunter 4 Life not Bowt_ch.... LOL

wscywabbit
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I really don't think it matters which direction the spokes face other than for looks.

B4L Okie
03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I didn't think so either, just thought they would put em together the same direction when built... maybe the '10 was apart b4 I got it and wheel went back on different.. the '11 is NIB. The limbs on the '11 seem a tad thicker on the cam half or side of the limbs also, I guess because the power tuff new in '11

wscywabbit
03-07-2012, 07:34 PM
You're probably right. The bearings spin free both directions, and it's the outside diameter that's important. You can change the direction of the one if you really want to ;)

bfisher
03-08-2012, 05:40 AM
The outside diameter is still round no matter which way it's turned. That's all that matters. Dumb question? Not really. If you don't ask you might never know.