PDA

View Full Version : Removing super glue residue from jaguar fiberglass bow limb?

A_Locomotive
03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Hello so I've got a question. Not all that long ago I got some limbsavers installed my my Jaguar Take-Down. Well it turns out the guy at the shop who installed them for me used super glue to reattach one that popped off at the store when I test fired it after he installed them. I didn't realize it till after he had done it and it had been no big deal to me at the time since I couldn't see it. Well after the other one came off I brought it back as they said that if they came off they'd replace them for free. Well they did and in doing so they pulled off both of the original pair. When they replaced them they put them on more towards the center from where they had been prior so now on my lower limb there is a round spot of superglue and its driving me nuts. My first instinct was to try and remove it with goo off but fortunately realized that would likely be a very bad idea on the fiberglass before attempting to use it. So is there any way to safely remove the glue without damaging the limb?

polaris754
03-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem,I dont know if it is safe on a bow limb, but i have seen super glue remover at home depot,maybe get the tech number off the product and call and get some advise from the manufactures , it might help ,good luc:)

bfisher
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Tough situation. Most anything you use to remove the glue residue is going to remove the finish on the limb. It probably won't hurt the limb itself, but would be just as unsightly as the glue is now.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Maybe fingernail polish remover and a lot of elbow grease ?

gravedigger
03-10-2012, 07:43 AM

x2.i was just going to say that.the nail polish will remove the glue no problem.thats what i use when i get a bit crazy with the super glue and get my fingers stuck together

bfisher
03-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Yeah, but that'll remove the camo? dip too. And please don't ask me how I know.

A_Locomotive
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, but that'll remove the camo? dip too. And please don't ask me how I know.

My bow is actually the version with black limbs and the faux carbon fiber dip on the riser. So assuming the limbs aren't painted and are just black fiberglass I should be all right yeah? I'll give the nail polish remover a try if its safe for fiber glass. Thanks for the tip everyone!