PDA

View Full Version : Arrows lifting on draw

droppixel
03-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Been having a little issue with this and have a feeling it is my release. I have a Trufire 3D hunter that I am shooting and the head is supposed to spin freely. I am almost certain that when I am drawing back the head isn't swiveling to the level position when I am drawing back, thus putting torque on the loop/string which is then transferring to the nock causing the shaft to at times lift or want to jump out of my rest before I get to full draw.

Anyone else have any experiences with this shooting hand-helds? I have no desire to go back to a trigger, but don't recall this ever happening with that release. Also, didn't notice this really when I was shooting my Apache (cage) vs the Limb Driver (wide open). If it is the release, I could easily look into getting another that will help eliminate this problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but has been enough that I have to watch the arrow and make sure it isn't travelling funny.

Speedykills
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I had this problem before,sometimes the d-loop can be to tight and cause your arrow to bounce up and off.Also had a rest do this on my AX,do to the draw cycle it would kick the arrow up.But i had 2 other rest that didnt do it at all.Hope this help's.

welder75
03-10-2012, 01:48 PM
What type of rest are you using and have you changed rests?

SCBigBuckHunter
03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Your DLoop is to tight at full draw. It is just pinching it and raising it up.

Thermodude
03-10-2012, 02:47 PM

X2......thats the kind of thing that gets an arrow through your hand! Nock and arrow and turn it from side to side.........it should move freely without the string turning.

Simple Life
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Tie in a nock set

NuttyNative
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
That's the same release I use, haven't had any issues with it yet. Once a month I tone it up with a little graphite.

SJunior
03-10-2012, 05:18 PM
your dloop is to tight at full draw. It is just pinching it and raising it up.

x3!!!!!!!!!

droppixel
03-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Tie in a nock set

Good call guys. I was wondering if this was another part of the problem. Didn't think about it much but I have a nock set tied in on the cheetah and went raw loop on this bow ... little things that are easy to over look. will post back once I get them in and if it keeps acting up.

--

@welder - didn't change rests, different rest on a different bow. Alien - Limb Driver (jumping) Cheetah - Apache

bowgramp59
03-11-2012, 01:08 PM
the d-loop knots for the arrow nock are to close together, or at least thats what makes mine rise up off the rest ever now and then, i don't think it is your release!

droppixel
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Was out today, made a little difference. Still had a few arrows that would lift. Still can't put my finger on it exactly, but it is something I'm keeping a really close eye on. Opened up my loop space quite a bit with a nock-set - so it could be my nocks, but these are the same nocks I have been shooting for a while now. If it continues consistently I might look into a ProV just to have the cage keep the arrow from leaving the shelf. Noticed some jump when I get back to full with the draw stop it is a solid stop unlike my Cheetah that doesn't have one.

Aside from this, it is starting to shoot well. Found out I don't need a 20 pin - 30 hits just a hair high for 20 and is spot on at 30. 40 pin isn't too far down from 30 and 50 wasn't that much further. Still have some adjusting to do with the pin distances before I really get into fine tuning everything. But I am very surprised and satisfied by this bow so far. Really like to get it on a chrono because it feels silly fast.

Spiker
03-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Was out today, made a little difference. Still had a few arrows that would lift. Still can't put my finger on it exactly, but it is something I'm keeping a really close eye on. Opened up my loop space quite a bit with a nock-set - so it could be my nocks, but these are the same nocks I have been shooting for a while now. If it continues consistently I might look into a ProV just to have the cage keep the arrow from leaving the shelf. Noticed some jump when I get back to full with the draw stop it is a solid stop unlike my Cheetah that doesn't have one.

Aside from this, it is starting to shoot well. Found out I don't need a 20 pin - 30 hits just a hair high for 20 and is spot on at 30. 40 pin isn't too far down from 30 and 50 wasn't that much further. Still have some adjusting to do with the pin distances before I really get into fine tuning everything. But I am very surprised and satisfied by this bow so far. Really like to get it on a chrono because it feels silly fast.

Hey DP-
You may have already done this when you set up the LD - but if you haven't - undo the cord at the rest, then nock one of your arrows and push the launcher arm down to the riser shelf - now let go of it - when it springs up it should only push the arrow up to the 'shoot position'. If it launches the arrow off it or makes the arrow bounce up, then you need to turn the spring tension on the launcher down.
If the spring tension is too stiff, or if you draw the bow back too fast when it breaks over, it will cause the arrow to want to bounce up off the rest.

droppixel
03-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Touche - I'll look at this again tonight. The tension might be off a little from when I swapped it back from down limb to top limb. It didn't feel too soft but might be too stiff.

polaris754
03-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I feel your frustration, Hope this is worth a rock throw in the pond, I had same problem, and it was the way the d loop was tied in one knot looped right, the other looped left,The knot would at times pick up the arrow , funny thing it didnt do it all the time . Hope this helps good luc!