PDA

View Full Version : Prowler Release date

Hunter4me2
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Do you know when will the 2012 Prowler be release for purchase? Thanks

Arrow Splitter
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forum. I don't think any of the members on here will know the release date, but joelc (admin) or KurtD (admin) might. We'll just have to wait and see if one of them replies.

A.S

Do you know when will the 2012 Prowler be release for purchase? Thanks

joelc
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM
The Prowler and Exile Pro will not be released for the 2012 model year. Both models are discontinued at this time.

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 05:28 AM
The Prowler and Exile Pro will not be released for the 2012 model year. Both models are discontinued at this time.

There goes my plan of a 2012 Martin. That was a stupid move. put out the catalog,get people interested in the new line-up,then start discontinuing bows. Pure marketing genius there.

joelc
03-13-2012, 05:36 AM
There goes my plan of a 2012 Martin. That was a stupid move. put out the catalog,get people interested in the new line-up,then start discontinuing bows. Pure marketing genius there.

Do you honestly think that was our intention? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
So,what are the reasons? I'm really confused and highly frustrated with Martin. I love the bows. Why discontinue something before it's even released. I can understand the Exile Pro since there's the Exile. But most prefer the rear mount sts over the front mount which looks like an after thought. Why not discontinue the Exile and keep the Ex-Pro? The rear mount sts is much cleaner looking. The frustration comes from all the "dealers" that aren't really dealers. So they can order a bow. Big deal. I can do that and probably find one cheaper. But what about being able to shoot before buying? I may not like the new cams. But since there are no "STOCKING" dealers, I'm left with a blind guess and all the reviews in the world aren't going to tell me a dang thing. Even the box stores still have the '08's and '09's for the same price as a new model would be. What sense does that make?

and also,I would like the option of black. NOT that cheesy carbon fiber print crap. It looks ridiculous! I'd even be willing to purchase an unfinished bow in a put-together-myself kit so I can have the finish I want. But I really don't see that as being an option,either,is it?

andy_camping
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Hawg,

Why don't you just get a Bengal Pro. It's virtually the same bow with just a few subtle differences. I'm very happy with mine...its a great shooter.5989

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Hawg,

Why don't you just get a Bengal Pro. It's virtually the same bow with just a few subtle differences. I'm very happy with mine...its a great shooter.5989

It's a nice looking bow,and you're right about the specs. And I'm not opposed to doing that. However that doesn't change the fact that there are no dealers that stock them around here. Cabela's might. But I'm not willing to drive 3.5hrs to find out whether or not I like the bow. Ya know?

joelc
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
So,what are the reasons? I'm really confused and highly frustrated with Martin. I love the bows. Why discontinue something before it's even released. I can understand the Exile Pro since there's the Exile. But most prefer the rear mount sts over the front mount which looks like an after thought. Why not discontinue the Exile and keep the Ex-Pro? The rear mount sts is much cleaner looking. The frustration comes from all the "dealers" that aren't really dealers. So they can order a bow. Big deal. I can do that and probably find one cheaper. But what about being able to shoot before buying? I may not like the new cams. But since there are no "STOCKING" dealers, I'm left with a blind guess and all the reviews in the world aren't going to tell me a dang thing. Even the box stores still have the '08's and '09's for the same price as a new model would be. What sense does that make?

and also,I would like the option of black. NOT that cheesy carbon fiber print crap. It looks ridiculous! I'd even be willing to purchase an unfinished bow in a put-together-myself kit so I can have the finish I want. But I really don't see that as being an option,either,is it?

In a nutshell...both handles were to be cast rather than machined which involves outside manufacturers. Those manufacturers failed to deliver therefore we do not have product to sell/distribute. It's quite simply out of our hands. If we don't have the product we can't sell it. And yes...there is an option of purchasing an unfinished/unassembled bow so you don't have to put up with the cheesy, ridiculous, crap, finish options that Martin Archery offers.

and BTW...You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
In a nutshell...both handles were to be cast rather than machined which involves outside manufacturers. Those manufacturers failed to deliver therefore we do not have product to sell/distribute. It's quite simply out of our hands. If we don't have the product we can't sell it. And yes...there is an option of purchasing an unfinished/unassembled bow so you don't have to put up with the cheesy, ridiculous, crap, finish options that Martin Archery offers.

and BTW...You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

My apologies.I honestly don't mean to come across as having an attitude. It's shear frustration. I inquired of a vendor on AT(HuntingUSA,I believe) and was simply told the Exile Pro was discontinued. OK,next option. Also discontinued. But,now,knowing that outside resources are the cause,I can understand totally. And there's still the dealer issue. I'm certainly glad to hear of the option of an unfinished bow. That leaves a world of possibilities. And for the record,Martin's finishes are great,IMO. I've never had an issue with poor quality finishes. Just the carbon look. I've had to pass on many bows that I was interested in because it really quite unattractive. But that is JMO and I'm in no way suggesting that Martin do away with it.

Going back to the unfinished/disassembled bow option. Would that be complete with limb/riser decals? How is it reflected in the price?

droppixel
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Hawg,

The more I see these the I wonder about going back in time and redoing my latest purchase over again, but I should have one soon anyway after I finish my video :p

joelc
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Going back to the unfinished/disassembled bow option. Would that be complete with limb/riser decals? How is it reflected in the price?

You get everything!...no added charge! The one issue may be with limbs as that is a silk screened logo. And btw...we are looking into a standard black finish.

IMO the only place for a carbon fiber finish is on a imported car with a fairy wing and a fart pipe...an no one really likes those anyway.

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
You get everything!...no added charge! The one issue may be with limbs as that is a silk screened logo. And btw...we are looking into a standard black finish.

IMO the only place for a carbon fiber finish is on a imported car with a fairy wing and a fart pipe...an no one really likes those anyway.

My thoughts EXACTLY. LOL

I'm sure a local screen printer could do the limbs. But I think they'd be concerned with TM or copyright or something. Would there be an issue there?

droppixel
03-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Best thing I have read all day. Black would be nice for Martin. The X I have is in Black with the Carbon limbs and that is just fine with me. Full carbon finish might be a little overkill.

wscywabbit
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Thats awesome! I needed a laugh :)

joelc
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
My thoughts EXACTLY. LOL

I'm sure a local screen printer could do the limbs. But I think they'd be concerned with TM or copyright or something. Would there be an issue there?

Trade mark wouldn't be an issue...we offer all logos online for download for custom projects!

http://www.martinarchery.com/highresmedia/

Thermodude
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
.................Im very happy with my all carbon finish.........guess Im one of those 1% type of guys!!

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Trade mark wouldn't be an issue...we offer all logos online for download for custom projects!

http://www.martinarchery.com/highresmedia/

"Windows cannot open this file"

any ideas?

NuttyNative
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM

any ideas?

Opened up fine for me, I think my system is Windows 7?

HawgEnvy
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Opened up fine for me, I think my system is Windows 7?

me too. I'll try again

bowgramp59
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
.................Im very happy with my all carbon finish.........guess Im one of those 1% type of guys!!

i kinda like the 2 that i have ! but i like my camo, and my all black also. & my black with camo limbs , i just like compound bows if it has 2 cams on it!

gravedigger
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM

post of the year right ther.lmao.that good stuff

Thermodude
03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
post of the year right ther.lmao.that good stuff

..........yup cute

madman350
03-13-2012, 04:57 PM

i dont see a thing wrong with that move, albeit for the folks that been beggin for the prowler release (which excitment appeared to rival the future unveiing of the first 30+mpg fullsize 4x4) or to a lesser extent the exile pro , may be in need of a little pat on back for having their hopes dashed. lots of folks were thinking along the lines of too many similar bows all at one time anyhow. I think the bengal pro is way better looking , and imo the exile (and pro) and prowler were too similar. recommending those folks to the exile or crossfire (draw length permitting), is probably a good idea. I wish Martin luck on finding reliable subcontractors in their quest for quality outsourced subcontracted components.

droppixel
03-13-2012, 07:09 PM

any ideas?

The web directory should open without any problems. The logo files you will need the JPG to view. The others you will need adobe software to view.