PDA

View Full Version : Martin Tracer Mag Tru-Arc cam alignment

jrlyman
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I've had this Martin Tracer Mag with the Tru-Arc cam for a while. Since I bought it new in about 2004. It has been a few years since I shot it. I began shooting it a couple weeks ago. But I've noticed something. The lower cam has always been set very far to the left on its axle. I've always wondered why the string would be so far off center. The washer/spacer on the right side is pretty thick, and the left side is very thin. But now I've noticed that the cam is so far off center on its axle, that the cable attached to it actually rubs on the inside of the limb. It seems to me like the washers should be swapped, to bring the string and main track of the cam closer to centerline of the bow. Whats up with my bow and what can I do about it? Attached are some pics to help you see whats going on.

Picture 1: Note the thick and thin washers/spacers put the cam and string far from the center of the axle.
Picture 2: This shows how far off the cam and string are.
Picture 3: This shows the wear on the cable right where it attaches to the peg on the cam.
Picture 4: Shows again the alignment of the cam on the axle. Also note the serving spreading apart on the small wheel on the cam, is this anything to be concerned about?

polaris754
03-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Im not a pro like some folks here, but a guess would be something wrong with the axle and cam [elongated].or the limb is twisted , just a guess. Dose look like that cable has seen the better parts of the chow wagon , wouldnt shoot it any more till you get things figured out . Good luc

joelc
03-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Your spacing on the cam is correct...it doesn't appear that the cable is making contact on the limb...if so, it is likely due to cable stretch over time. It looks like you still have the original string and cable set on your bow which makes a string change over due by about 7 years.

jrlyman
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Ya the strings and cables are long overdue for replacement... I am ordering new ones now that I've been called out:o.

Heres a closer view of the cable wear I'm talking about. When the cam rotates it doesn't have enough clearance on the left side, so the cable loop attached to the cam is rubbing on the inside of the limb.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to be rubbing like this. Thanks for your input so far guys. You've already inspired me to repent and get new strings and cables.

joelc
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Ya the strings and cables are long overdue for replacement... I am ordering new ones now that I've been called out:o.

Heres a closer view of the cable wear I'm talking about. When the cam rotates it doesn't have enough clearance on the left side, so the cable loop attached to the cam is rubbing on the inside of the limb.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to be rubbing like this. Thanks for your input so far guys. You've already inspired me to repent and get new strings and cables.

What I would recommend (Prior to ordering new strings!) is to send the bow to the factory and we can upgrade the bow to a newer single cam...call us for details..800-541-8902 ex.3

bfisher
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Leave it up to Joel to offer sage advice. I would heed it. You'd most likely (a guess) end up with new string and cable to boot, saving you some money. And all for nothing more than the cost of shipping? Hard to beat a deal like that. Be sure and call Joel to get an RA number.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey jrlyman, I sent you a pm!

Hutch:cool:

jrlyman
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll be in touch with you JoelC.