PDA

View Full Version : 3 or 5 arrow?

droppixel
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Needing to get a quiver for the X - looking at the Bohning Chameleons - Pricing is close for both, not sure which I want to go with though. 5 arrows is probably more than I would think I would need, though I have always had 5 arrow quivers. The last 5 arrow I had was bought by my old man when I got the Cheetah.

I figure 3 arrows, 3 shots, 3 tags - Buck, Doe, Turkey - Doe, Doe, Turkey ... What do you guys think?

Double S
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I love my Tightspot Quiver. it holds 5 arrows. it's one item that I would gladly remove from one bow and transfer to another bow. The fit, Finish and being able to balance it to your bow is great. I hunt with the quiver on so balance is important. if you buy the 3 arrow, your stuck with only carrying 3 arrows. If you buy the 5 arrow you can alway's carry the amount you want. When I'm out turkey hunting I only carry 3. When I'm out muley hunting I carry 3 BH arrows and two arrows for small game. Just my opinion.

bowgramp59
03-15-2012, 01:31 PM
the less arrows the lighter the rig. i only hunt from a popup blind just use the quiver to get the arrows to the blind then i take it off. mine is a 3 arrow. i do keep it on the bow when i go rabbit hunting, forgot about that!

droppixel
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.

bowgramp59
03-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Difference in cost really only breaks down to a few dollars if I hit it right on fleabay. The size difference with the 3 to 5 is pretty big. Might just go with the 3 and if I find I need those 2 extra arrows at some point, I'll sell this and get a 5. Just finding it hard to think of a situation where I'm going to need more than 3 arrows in a sitting.

with that alien x after you shoot that first arrow you want need another!

gravedigger
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
i find a 4 arrow quiver to be a happy medium.but if it is a choice between 3 and 5 i would go 3 for what you do

Spiker
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Yep - you have to decide based on how/what you hunt.
In the spring here, I can only hunt Turkeys and varmits, so 4 arrows is plenty in the quiver.
In the fall when I have a Deer, Elk, Turkey, Bear, plus Grouse and small rodents, coyotes and geese license - - I pack 10 arrows on my bow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I have a 4 arrow quiver and like it a lot. But I have seen some 3 arrow quiver I like as well. So its a decision you have to make according to your hunting needs.

Hutch:cool:

boobowbender
03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
i have the 3 arrow alpine. really nice and small. figured only having three arrows keeps me from shooting at squirrels and other things while trying to be quiet and motionless bowhunting whitetails, the only thing is I wish i had a five arrow quiver so i could shoot at squirrels and other small creatures when i'm bowhunting weary whitetails.

droppixel
03-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Good call guys. I figure the most I'll probably need would be 3 in most instances while out for deer and really 3 should be enough for turkey in the event a coyote or 2 come in also. Going to see what fleabay will allow and go after the best deal. If it is like a $2 diff, might just grab the 5. I always hunt quiver off anyway, so it is just a matter of how many sticks I want to bring with.

droppixel
03-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Just snagged the 3 arrow Chameleon of the bay. Decided even it I wanted 5 arrows, that it just looked too bulky and 3 should be plenty.

boobowbender
03-20-2012, 06:32 AM
this post made me look on "fleabay":rolleyes:guess what a five arrow alpine with the same mount i already have for five dollars! i won it. look out squirrels! looks like those wilely bucks have a chance this year

droppixel
03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
this post made me look on "fleabay":rolleyes:guess what a five arrow alpine with the same mount i already have for five dollars! i won it. look out squirrels! looks like those wilely bucks have a chance this year

I get a lot of my stuff there. I just don't like to sell there much because they will rape you blind with fees. There are a couple really good sellers/stores to check out. And I know if I want to get a 5 arrow, they aren't that much either.

wscywabbit
03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
yep, I have the 5 arrow Alpine Bearclaw, quick disconnect and you can get a tree mount. I usually carry 3 broadheads and 1 varmint head during hunting season (mostly for grouse or a slow rabbit ;))

droppixel
03-22-2012, 06:21 AM

Arrived today, looks pretty sweet. Like that you get the carbon plate with it, so I'll be set with my X or any other bow now if I want to swap them out.

wscywabbit
03-22-2012, 06:24 AM
Nice I kinda like that. Leer us know how it works out.

Double S
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM

Arrived today, looks pretty sweet. Like that you get the carbon plate with it, so I'll be set with my X or any other bow now if I want to swap them out.

It looks great. When you got some time, lets see it on your bow. Thumbs up!.

droppixel
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
A lot more compact than I thought it was going to be, but I still like it. Still might look into the 5 arrow as an extra option depending on what I would be doing for whatever trip/hunt.

Double S
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
They look good together!. Thanks for the pics.