PDA

View Full Version : Nap Apache or a Trophy Ridge Revolution?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Guys and Gals, I am at a toss up. Don't know which one to get. The Nap Apache, which has a great track record. Or the Trophy Ridge Revolution which no one has negatives against it that I know of. What to get??

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
03-15-2012, 03:39 PM
If it were me and I had the money, I'd get the Carbon Apache.

gravedigger
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Trophy Ridge Revolution will be my next rest.

Speedykills
03-15-2012, 04:07 PM
If it were me and I had the money, I'd get the Carbon Apache.

I agree,i was going to get a revolution for my xforce and the tech warned me against it,said they were having all sorts of trouble with them,so i got a QAD instead.

wscywabbit
03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I have both rests, and have to say that I like the revolution better. They are both easy to set up and easy to tune, quiet and work great. However, I like the form and function of the Revolution better between the two.

The number one complaint I have about the Apache is arrow loading; I had a biscuit before it, and could just nock the arrow and drop it in. With the Apache, the load area is directly above the rest, so if I nock it and drop it, the arrow hits my sights. I have to feed the arrow into the rest cage and then nock it.

With the Revolution I can once again nock it and drop it. Then just flip the rest into place and your arrow is good to go, and secure.

droppixel
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I have both rests, and have to say that I like the revolution better. They are both easy to set up and easy to tune, quiet and work great. However, I like the form and function of the Revolution better between the two.

The number one complaint I have about the Apache is arrow loading; I had a biscuit before it, and could just nock the arrow and drop it in. With the Apache, the load area is directly above the rest, so if I nock it and drop it, the arrow hits my sights. I have to feed the arrow into the rest cage and then nock it.

With the Revolution I can once again nock it and drop it. Then just flip the rest into place and your arrow is good to go, and secure.

Why I would get the Carbon, they addressed this in the redesign.

wscywabbit
03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Nice DP, I didn't realize that they had a redesigned version this year. That would be a big improvement IMO; other than the top load its a good rest... that and it wouldn't fit on my Onza ;)

droppixel
03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
The new Carbon Apache has been slimed down big time because the Carbon Element clowns were complaining it wouldn't fit on their bows. So should be no problem fitting to the Onza now.

Matrix
03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I think that Carbon Apache is going to be my next purchase for my Onza 3!!!

Simple Life
03-15-2012, 10:37 PM
That was my 2 choices for my new rest,and I went with the Apache.Little big,but overall seems to be a good rest.Seemed like the Apache has better reviews than the TR.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-16-2012, 11:22 PM
I asked this question on this forum and another and the answers are the same. Apache is a great rest a little heavy but works great. The revolution once people have tried it they say its the best one they ever owned. Might have to try both.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Got the Revolution tonight. A.S. installed it on my daughters leopard. Wow quiet, smooth and light.
More testing tomorrow.

Simple Life
03-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Got the Revolution tonight. A.S. installed it on my daughters leopard. Wow quiet, smooth and light.
More testing tomorrow.

Hey Hutch,how is it to place a arrow in?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Probably the best rest I have seen in a couple of years. Simple to install and easy to use. Nock an arrow and turn the holder in seconds you are ready to shoot without having to hold the arrow again. :cool: I am impressed with the noise free shooting and the speed increase.

Arrow Splitter
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Doesn't get much better than that.:cool: I would recommend the Revolution to anyone.
That rest is in my future.:D

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Well we checked out the speed of the Revolution on the chrony. Bow with a 2 prong rest shot 176fps @ 32lbs. Now the only change is the Revolution rest and it is hitting 182fps. Very cool 6fps it okay with me.

Hutchhttp://www.broadheadtalk.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

wscywabbit
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
very nice, that's awesome. You'll love it I'm sure, I love mine!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-09-2012, 04:15 AM
very nice, that's awesome. You'll love it I'm sure, I love mine!My Daughter has it on her bow. She loves it. I might be buying one for myself. I was certainly impressed.