PDA

View Full Version : speed claim

bowgramp59
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
was in an archery shop in okla.city yesterday , thats where i get my blazer vanes! they stock hoyt & mathews.
was just talking to the manager, i comented on how good looking the hoyt was and how ugly the mathews was. he said that the hoyt was as fast at 50#s as other bows were at 70#s i didn't argue with him about it, i just said thats good . i just wish i would have had my nemesis with me, i would have let him shoot a fast bow.
that hoyt bow was really a good looking bow but i can buy 2 new martins for what they wanted for the hoyt. & i think my martins are very good looking to.

Rangerj
03-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Actually I bought 2 new Martins in 2010 for about what one of the big three would have cost.No regrets.;)

Lung Buster
03-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah a couple friends of mine shoot the mathews z7's and i let them shoot my 2010 bone hunter aka cheetah and they could not believe how smooth and how fast it shot and i spent half the money they did!
I will never shoot anything other than martin!!!

seandrummond
03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Thats funny, I plan on doing exactly that this year already ordered a Bengal and plan on getting an Onza as well. will cost me just a little more than buying just one of the "big names".

droppixel
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah a couple friends of mine shoot the mathews z7's and i let them shoot my 2010 bone hunter aka cheetah and they could not believe how smooth and how fast it shot and i spent half the money they did!
I will never shoot anything other than martin!!!

Buddy of mine has a z7 - I thought it was pretty fast when I first shot with him, can't wait to get this X in front of him.

Phantonza
03-18-2012, 11:23 PM
he said that the hoyt was as fast at 50#s as other bows were at 70#s

Yeah, right. Which Hoyt model was it?

I have both Hoyt CRX 32 and Martin Onza 3. Given the same pounds, draw length and arrow weight, they shoot equal speeds - I have tested this myself.

My Hoyt is for sale, though ;)