PDA

View Full Version : Rain

bowgramp59
03-19-2012, 04:11 AM
getting some much needed rain this morning , just hope it keeps it up , we depend on ground water & it is getting very low, it will take a lot more than we are getting! the last time we got enough rain to recharge our ground water was 1983 we had a wet winter & in july we got 15 inches in 24 hrs. the same thing in august,which was very unusual because that is our 2 dryest months we could only get out of town in 1 direction. the local rivers were out of ther banks . flooded the golf coarse the big shots had to do without playing golf for weeks, thats what we need now! dangit can't shoot today to wet. have a good day & good shooting.

elkslayer4x5
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Seemed like it hardly rained at all this winter, and this spring is looking kinda dry, just checked NOAA's weather site and for the coming week its Mon-40% chance rain/snow, Tue-100% rain, Wen-90% rain, Thur-60%, Fri, Sat, and Sun- Chance of showers. How else does the Willamette Valley grow so many blackberrys? :)

droppixel
03-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Raining here also and it figures, just washed my car this weekend. Never fails.

Ehunter
03-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Gramps, have you been getting all this rain? I know it's been coming up from Texas. We've had 5 days straight of rain, and only about a 10 hour break from it the entire 5 days. Glad I live on a hill. lol Road to my north was flooded out for 2 days, and water is standing everywhere. Looks like it might hit the winter wheat crop pretty hard this spring.

bowgramp59
03-22-2012, 06:44 PM
we are having lots of rainy looking weather but not lots of rain. we get like 5 tenths, 2 tenths, it's all good but we need 5 or 10 inches to fill all the farm ponds, many went completly dry last summer. farmers & ranchers had to sell there cows or haul water, that wasn't the only problem , they also ran out of grass and didn't make any hay. just a few miles to the east and north have been getting 4 & 5 inches , glad for them! texas & okla. had many acers burn & between that & the drought a lot of the native grass may not come back this spring. time will tell. have a good day & good shooting!

Arrow Splitter
03-24-2012, 07:02 AM
We have no snow on the ground here, and temps for last Wednesday and Thursday were record-breaking in the 80s. Yesterday we actually had a fire warning in effect.:eek:

A.S

gravedigger
03-24-2012, 07:39 AM
it snowed hard on thursday then rain on friday and blue sky today.tomorrow till thursday lots of rain,its really jacking up my working time.

bfisher
03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Just got back from 7 dry warm days in Florida. Get out of the plane and it's 55 degrees and raining. Same as you Gramps. It's been a very dry winter and we can use the rain.

mdodraw29
03-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Been a dry winter up here in New England, 1 snowstorm in Oct. and 1 in Feb. No snow for a spring runoff, not much rain, and very warm temps. Never saw anything like this up here before. Good luck

Ehunter
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
We ended up with area totals of 5-11 inches within a 50 mile radius of here for last week. More rain likely this coming week too.

wscywabbit
03-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Rain or shine I shoot quite a bit; around here if you don't shoot in the rain you'll never shoot. Especially in the winter time; it seems like it almost never stops. This last Friday and Saturday was nice though, sunny and warm... almost didn't know what to do with myself lol.

Arrow Splitter
03-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Been a dry winter up here in New England, 1 snowstorm in Oct. and 1 in Feb. No snow for a spring runoff, not much rain, and very warm temps. Never saw anything like this up here before. Good luckI'm not likely to forget the one in October either. I had to work that night and the drive home was miserable. The road I live on wasn't even plowed out, and I believe the snow was touching the bottom of my car.:eek:

A.S