PDA

View Full Version : New string advice please

CarlosII
03-19-2012, 05:10 AM
i want to replace the string and cables on my bow, which shall remain nameless since it not a Martin, and i'm looking for a combination that will meet some criteria.
i'm shooting just shy of 50 pounds and i want to go with the fewest number of strings, somewhere at 20 or less. i want as much speed as i can get but i don't want to worry about string stretch. what serving would be recommended. btw, i shoot a loop.
any suggestions?

HawgEnvy
03-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Hutch would be a good one to consult about strings.
As far as your bow remaining nameless,this isn't AT. We don't care what you shoot. You won't be bashed for it. Heck,I don't even shoot a Martin right now.lol

gravedigger
03-19-2012, 07:39 AM
As far as your bow remaining nameless,this isn't AT. We don't care what you shoot. You won't be bashed for it. Heck,I don't even shoot a Martin right now.lol

X2.we dont care about brand buddy....name away.yep hutch or archerx7 would be the folks to talk to.

wscywabbit
03-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Gotta love it!

archerx7
03-19-2012, 08:12 AM
i want to replace the string and cables on my bow, which shall remain nameless since it not a Martin, and i'm looking for a combination that will meet some criteria.
i'm shooting just shy of 50 pounds and i want to go with the fewest number of strings, somewhere at 20 or less. i want as much speed as i can get but i don't want to worry about string stretch. what serving would be recommended. btw, i shoot a loop.
any suggestions?

Strand count really won't have as big of an effect on speed as most people think. If using 452X @50#'s you could probably drop down from 24 to 20 strands and maybe pickup 3-4 fps. Leave the cable(s) at 24 strands as they won't really have any effect on the speed. Depending on the cams.......3D or Halo would be the 2 best choices for end serving. If using a release, 62XS center serving is the way to go, If shooting with fingers, the Halo is normally a little better choice.

CarlosII
03-19-2012, 02:21 PM
thanks for the responses about string and cable options for my diamond marquis...oops...but i love my Shadowcat most of all.