PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Martin Firecat with 2011 Nitro cams

bwhntr7973
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey Martin shooters. I have recently had an update done to my 2009 Firecat and encountered some issues. Martin put new limbs on my bow because of a cracked limb and so they also had to retro fit it with the nitro cams instead of the original Cat cams because of the dimensions. After getting it back I noticed something weird looking with the string anchor posts on the cams. The top cam was a little more noticeable than the bottom but both had some stress marks and lean to the anchor
posts. I have attached the pics in case anyone else see's the same on there cams. This is not something that is normal with these cams, nor will it deter me from sticking with Martin. They have been absolutely awesome through this entire process. I should be getting a new set of cams at my local pro-shop any day so that they can install them.

Here are the pics:
The top pic is of the string anchor that has some serious lean to it. The bottom pic is of the bottom cam that shows a stress mark (grey) to the right of the anchor post. The anchor post on the other side of that cam has a slight lean to it.

wscywabbit
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
nice catch, glad you caught it before something broke! Thanks for the update, I know I'll be checking mine...

bwhntr7973
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
I would have not noticed for a while if it were not for my hunting partner wanting to see the new cams Martin had put on my bow.

droppixel
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Looks like a pain in the rear, but I'm sure they'll right it.