PDA

View Full Version : new compound bow!!

WildWilt15
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Im looking for honest opinions i know this is a martin forum ive shot martin my entire life but im getting a new compound bow and im stuck between the rytera nemesis and the bowtech destroyer 340 its for strictly hunting and 3d shooting id like responses from anybody whos shot either one of these bows please!!

Spiker
03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Buy the Nemesis.!

droppixel
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Buying new? Most of the guys here are probably going to be partial to the Nemesis. Haven't seen anyone say anything bad about the Nemesis before and I can say that it is on my list of "wants" I tried for one pretty hard before getting the X I have now. With the XT coming, that will probably be vaulted to the top of my list because I have really wanted an Onza, XT machining is too slick to pass up.

Anyway ... back on subject. I would get the Nemesis. You are going to get a solid ATA bow that most will enjoy for 3D while not being to long for hunting. Going to be plenty fast as well as far as I know.

HawgEnvy
03-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Nemesis. Your shoulders will thank you

gravedigger
03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
ya got to shoot them side by side,arrow for arrow and have everything matching the other bow....same DW,DL,arrow weight,im sure you get where im going with this.so shoot them and pic the one you like to shoot more.if you find your self at a stand still between the two then go with sticker prics.ya know the one that keeps your wallet a bit more weighted in your back pocket insted on light as a feather after the buy.

i know a guy with a D350 and he loves it but it is the only brand he has shot,and wont shoot anything else,but he is a more money i spen the better it is kind of guy

TEN RING
03-21-2012, 06:03 AM
shoot them both but I bet you will like the martin better

Lung Buster
03-21-2012, 07:46 AM
A friend of mine owns a bowtech destroyer and he let me shoot it and it seemed very jerky to me when drawn back. It did shoot pretfy nice but it did not feel as smooth as my bone hunter! I let him shoot my bone hunter and he was very surprised with what he found. I have never shot the nemesis but i am patial to martin. Shoot them both and see which one picks you!

Speedykills
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Well ive shot the destroyer 340,had no intesions of buying one killing time why my AX was getting adjustments.Very nice bow,quiet and fast,dead in the hand it's on par with my xforce just not as fast....It also has a 7" brace height so its more forgiving.It draws nice still has that hump at the end like most speed bows.I dont remember it being to heavy either.Has the invelvet finish too.
But i would have to go with the nemesis just for the great customer service martin has,one of the best in the industry.

WildWilt15
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
ive shot the 350 not the 340 and did not like the cam on it, a little to radical you could say one of the worst drawing bows ive felt then i shot it and it was definatly no handshock or vibration i wondered if it even shot hahah not really, but u get the point. ive never shot the nemesis but love the looks and have only heard good things about it and its definatly not a speed bow but more of a hunting bow with a little speed behind it which i like. im just wondering if the 340 draws better but feels the same if it does then i will probably go with the 340. but thanks for the input everybody.:cool:

Double S
03-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll stay Impartial. :rolleyes:

Nemesis

Nemesis

Nemesis

Nemesis

I have no experience with Bowtech. My Nemesis is smooth and comfortable to shoot all day long.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/FobsandHarvestTimeHT-2arrows2.jpg

dzsmith
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
the only bowtech bow ive fired is the assassin. the only complaint i have is the click it makes when you lock it out at full draw, it shot smooth though, bowtech makes great bows, i love martin for their price and customer service, but im not going to sit hear and tell you that they are better than anything else. the best advice has already been given, shoot both of them and make your own decision. maybe even shoot them at two different places so that the store owner does lean towards one bow or the other

WildWilt15
03-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Only problem i have with shooting both bows is, there is not any rytera dealers anywhere, especially near me and im already driving an hour just to shoot the bowtech all the dealers by me only have mathews hoyt parker and pse all of which i dont care for at all. thats why i started this thread was to get as much opinions on the bows as i can.

bob cooly
05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
No dealers nearby, one of the best reasons to buy a Martin/Rytera bow.

Thermodude
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
The 340 is an awsome bow, it was the last Bowtech I owned prior to me switching to Martin. For me the bow shot great its what I took my buck with last year. The only problem I saw was how the draw stop worked.......no fine adjustment, other than that its one solid bow. Ive never shot the Rytera so I cant say which I feel is better.........I left Bowtech after 5 years for alot of reasons, Im not a basher I guess I just got tired of being one of the sheep.

dzsmith
05-07-2012, 11:19 AM
im a martin man,but hands down bowtech makes some of the best bows out there, but theres a down side to it, bowtech has to have the worst customer service in the industry, very bad. my archery club is a bowtech dealer and they have issues with the customer service. The destroyer 340 is one of their most popular former bows to. But its real easy to buy into the hype of bowtech and waste a bunch of money on the insanity, when the bowtech assassin is probably theri best bang for the buck. Ive never shot a rytera, nor do i know how much they cost, im sure its great but im not into all the cosmetic crap. It would be good to shoot them both. on the upside martin has the best cs in the industry so there ya go

WildWilt15
05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
well over a month later and finally shooting both bows i decided one neither lol, the rytera felt so much like the onza i almost couldnt tell the difference so i went with the onza because of bad reviews on the destroyer derailing and finish problems and the price of the onza kept my wallet a little fatter.:cool:

gravedigger
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
well over a month later and finally shooting both bows i decided one neither lol, the rytera felt so much like the onza i almost couldnt tell the difference so i went with the onza because of bad reviews on the destroyer derailing and finish problems and the price of the onza kept my wallet a little fatter.:cool:

nice choice.a thick wallet is a happy wallet.:cool:

Lung Buster
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
good luck with it i am sure it won't disappoint!

Ehunter
05-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Congrats Wilt. You made a good choice. I liked my first Onza so much, I bought another one 10 pounds lighter draw. lol I've shot all the 2011 Martins, and I still think it's the best shooting of them all.

WildWilt15
05-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys i wrote a little review about how i feel it shoots and what not in another post, and man im in love definatly an upgrade from my cheetah, and i didnt think that was possible:p