PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy target bow

motohead1967
03-24-2012, 06:31 PM
what would be better for target only the septer v or the alien z. Like the looks of the alien z. But have not got a chance to shoot ether one of them. No shop have them to shoot. I got the ok from the wife to buy one of them with my scrap cooper.

coastie hunter
03-28-2012, 10:17 AM
scepter made for killing spots and foam.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I would have to say Scepter v

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
scepter made for killing spots and foam.

I would have to say Scepter v

Hutch:cool:

X2...if i wher tyo buy a target bow no doubt it would be the s v

elkslayer4x5
03-28-2012, 05:58 PM
what would be better for target only the septer v or the alien z. Like the looks of the alien z. But have not got a chance to shoot ether one of them. No shop have them to shoot. I got the ok from the wife to buy one of them with my scrap cooper.

There are currently two Scepter V treads, as a target bow, and both guys are very pleased with their choices.

motohead1967
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
ty all for the input I need to find one to shoot. I hoping to get my bengal back from joel soon. I would like to find a martin dealer how has bows to shoot. All I ever find is I can order it for you.

Largo
03-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I have had the scepter V for a week now. I have an HHA rolling sight for target shooting. I have found only one problem with the scepter and that is balance.
The bow is so balanced around the shooting shelf the sights make it top heavy. I have ordered a heavy stabilizer to counter act the effect. I also ordered two extra weights to
help counter act the leveling caused by the sight.

I have started shooting vegas targets. Shooting 30s with this bow is easy, I hope to up my Xs went the stabilizer gets here. until then
im pissing all the mathews and hoyt shooters off beating them in 5 spot. My brother has ordered the scepter in skullz camo hopefully he can give me a challenge.

motohead1967
03-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I have had the scepter V for a week now. I have an HHA rolling sight for target shooting. I have found only one problem with the scepter and that is balance.
The bow is so balanced around the shooting shelf the sights make it top heavy. I have ordered a heavy stabilizer to counter act the effect. I also ordered two extra weights to
help counter act the leveling caused by the sight.

I have started shooting vegas targets. Shooting 30s with this bow is easy, I hope to up my Xs went the stabilizer gets here. until then
im pissing all the mathews and hoyt shooters off beating them in 5 spot. My brother has ordered the scepter in skullz camo hopefully he can give me a challenge.

good to know thank you. But my hopes for the target bow has been smashed. My truck was broke in to yesterday and they got all my tools. My nice boss will not replace my or even his tools for me to work. So now the money for the bow is going to tools.

bfisher
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Man, I hate to hear stuff like this. Good hard earned money going to pot. Call your insurance agent, auto and homeowners. See what they'll do. All might not be lost with a target bow, just delayed. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to pick up a good used or leftover 2012 next year.

motohead1967
03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Man, I hate to hear stuff like this. Good hard earned money going to pot. Call your insurance agent, auto and homeowners. See what they'll do. All might not be lost with a target bow, just delayed. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to pick up a good used or leftover 2012 next year.

I turn in to my homeowners they dont cover it becouse it was not in my garrag. I will be looking for a used target bow. But I did get good news from Joel my bengal is on its way back to me should have saterday. I placed a nightvision cam on my driveway. Good thing about WV you can carry. I called my boss again about this He will not even replace the drills. So I must get them so I can my his *** money.I would leave but jobs are to hard to find and he knows it.