PDA

View Full Version : Scepter V Limb Number charts..I need more weight

bcriner
03-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Anyone know or have a limb chart numbers for the new Scepter V? I ordered mine in 60lbs. It would only max out at 56.6lbs. Limbs are 1MB. IBO was no where close. I stripped the bow down and checked the string and cables. The limb sticker says the cables should be 44 5/8". I already had to add about 10 twists to the cables before I did this and they were still 44 7/8 - 45". I added 6 more twists again to get it to 44 5/8". I checked the string length. The sticker say 58 3/4". It was 59". I added more twists to it to get it down to 58 3/4". I put the bow back together and maxed it out again. Max poundage is now 57.3, so I gained .7lbs. The limbs are 1MB. I was wondering what a set of 3MB would go to. I haven't tuned it again to check the specs yet. I think I am going to put the 3MB limbs on it first and set it back up. I haven't been real impressed with the factory setup to specs and it meeting the ballpark for poundage or speed. It shoots great, but last test was IBO of 310, well under 320 and that is calculated using Archer's Advantage which I have used for years and is a dead on way of calculating it.

wscywabbit
03-25-2012, 09:14 AM
This may sound counter-productive, but take a couple twists out of the shoot string and then put it back on the scale...

bcriner
03-25-2012, 12:31 PM
i put the 3MP limbs on it that I had lying around. It now maxes out at 68.5. I double checked the string and cables. Specs are spot on for the string and cables. The Brace height is 7" and the ATA is 44". I shot my 344gr. arrow through it at 29". It shot 304. I put the info in AA and it calculates the IBO at 312, same as my Shadowcat with the same arrow and weight setup.

wscywabbit
03-25-2012, 02:52 PM
nice, I'm glad that worked out for ya... spare parts is something a lot of us don't have :)