PDA

View Full Version : Scepter V Rocks!!! What a shooter!!!

bcriner
03-28-2012, 04:12 AM
I got my Scepter V back in February. I didn't too much with it for about 6 weeks, just left it sitting in the basement. I finally found time on Sunday to do down and set it up. I broke it all down, switched out hte limbs and put the strings and cables in spec. I set it back up and timed the cams. I eyeballed everything on the rest after setting up the loop. I shot it twice through paper and it was perfect. I then shot it about 5 shots at 10 yards to get my sight close. Last night I went and shot my first Vegas round with it. I also have not shot any tournaments since mid summer last year. I shot a personal best 299-17X. This thing shoots. It is so steady. I think I only need some slight adjustments for weight balance and I will be set. If you are looking for a great target rig, look no further. The Scepter V rocks!!!!

Clay

Double S
03-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Nice job Clay. I'm loving my Scepter too. it's not fully complete. I've been blank bale shooting and anchoring with my eye's closed to get a feel for the bow and she is smooth.

EnglishKev
03-28-2012, 07:06 AM
My buddy ordered one a couple of weeks ago.
Nice to hear they are good, he'll be pleased about that:D

Kev

Lung Buster
03-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Did you put new limbs on it? Why? did you have problems with the ones that came on it? Just curious as to the reason.

bcriner
03-30-2012, 03:21 AM
The 60lbs limbs (1MP) that were on mine would only max out at 57 1/2lbs. I don't think it is a scale calibration as my other bows still max out according to what they did over the last year or two like I got them. I verified that too when I thought it was my scales. The limbs were just not up to the max.

Lung Buster
03-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Ok that makes sense i just was not sure what the reason was. What limbs did you replace them with and are you maxing out at 60# now?

bcriner
03-30-2012, 08:14 AM
I have a set of 3MP on it now. They are 2 sizes higher so each size is roughly 5lbs. It went from 57 1/2 to 68lbs so 10lbs more and I backed it down to 60.