PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck

HawgEnvy
03-28-2012, 06:04 AM
So,after 2yrs and nearly 800 job apps in this economical trash pit known as Michigan, I finally have an interview today. I'm pumped for sure. I'm not sure on the details yet,but beggars can't be choosers. Ya know? I'd shave a horses butt for cash,right now. Well...maybe not. I also got hired to destroy an old house and remove it from the property. That will help,also. Life has been sheer Hell since our house burned down 8yrs ago. It just goes to show if you keep your head held high and thank God for the small things,bigger and better is bound to happen sooner or later.

Double S
03-28-2012, 06:13 AM
I wish you the best and send a prayer your way Hawg!.

gravedigger
03-28-2012, 06:46 AM
good luck to you.jobs are far and few between.i have been at the same job for near 10 years and im only makeing 14.50 an hour.but i can pay my bills,bought a house and with my wife working we just make due with nothing left over at the end of the month.i hope it turns out to be a full time gig for you............money is money no matter how small or lage the payday

bfisher
03-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I know what you mean. There are lots of jobs out there, but how many can pay the bills. Minimum wage just doesn't cut it. Driving school bus I make $13.32/hr but it's just part time. Being retired I have an income of right at $40 grand without working so the driving is just pocket money for me and something to do. The wife makes about 37 grand a year so we feel very fortunate compared with many. The house and everything is all paid for so I'm able to save about 4 grand every three months without the wife contributing. Never could convince her to save.

Hope your interview goes well and you get something solid and long term.

droppixel
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Good luck for sure dude. Couldn't imagine some of the crap some people are having to go through with the way things have been in recent years.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Well Hawg, I certainly hope and pray you get it. At least if your working you might stay out of trouble!!!:p Well maybe not!:rolleyes: Just kidding. But Hawg I do truly hope you get it!!!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Good luck on the job,hope you get it.........

Ehunter
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Best of luck Hawg. Any work is good work.

elkslayer4x5
03-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Best of luck Hawg. Any work is good work.

X2 can't say it any better, wishing you all the luck. Even horse shaving is a job.

mdodraw29
03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
My wife was out of work for almost 3 years and is now back to work full time. Good luck, better days are ahead.

Simple Life
03-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Good luck,hope it works out for you.

HawgEnvy
03-29-2012, 06:43 AM
thanks,guys. The interview seemed to have went well. Now just the waiting on a phone call with an answer either way. 12hr shifts 6 days a week in a veggie packing plant. running machines,driving hi-lo/fork lift,and sanitation. My computer and bows are gonna miss me. lol

bfisher
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Been there and done that, so many years ago. Somehow I always found time to shoot competitively, practice several hours every day, raise the kids, mow the lawn, fix whatever needed done. O look back and wonder how I fit it all into a 24 hr. day, but I did. Now I'm retired and can't find enough time to get anything done.

Hope you get that job. 72 hrs a week is a lot of working, but the OT will help you catch up with whatever bills you have and hopefully you'll be wise enough to save as much as possible for for the hard times. And trust me, you will see more economic recessions throughout your life. Hopefully not as severe as this one, but don't count on that either.

Rangerj
03-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Good luck Hawg,hoping and praying for you.My son is in the same situation,jobs are slim here.

Lung Buster
03-30-2012, 05:59 AM
Good luck hope everything works out definitely looks like everyone is pulling for you! It is ashame when you have some one who works hard and could really use a steady job cant find one and there are people i work with who arent worth the paper there check is printed on are making a good living it makes me sick! Too many political appointments in this world! Sorry for the rant! GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YA!

jeadcock
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
(First post) I can't say I feal your pain, however, most everyone I know has gone through it in some way. Life is so hard on us sometimes. Some people get bitter in their hard times, but not all. The Lord has a hand in it all. He truly blesses those who trust in Him through the hard times. I hurt inside hearing people tell about their losses. I try to be there for those in need and help when I can. Sometimes its hard to even help myself, much less anyone else. A positive word can do wonders. Keep your head up. Wish you the best.