PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using the Bowmaster Portable Bow press on a Martin Scepter V?

Double S
03-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Before I buy one of these portable Presses I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the press and my Scepter V. My Scepters ATA is 40 Inches. The location where the cables slide through in the V of the limbs is around 38 1/2 inches. Anybody using this portable press on a Scepter V or any comparable ATA bow?

Spiker
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I have a couple Martins that are 42" ata and have used the BM press on them with no problems.
A couple things tho - I would get the split limb adapters and use them even tho it's a solid limb bow.
They are a bit clumbsier to use but they put the pressure more at the axles rather than at the fork.
Also - if you just use the BM without the adapters, I would put a piece of heavy leather under the 'arms' as well as
the pieces they give you in the fork.
They can leave marks on the limbs if you dont.
Otherwise - they do work really well.

Double S
03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
That's what the guys on AT are saying also. I should buy the Combo with the limb adapter. They said it would give me extra length and it's safer to squeeze the tips. That's the route I'll take.

I have a couple Martins that are 42" ata and have used the BM press on them with no problems.
A couple things tho - I would get the split limb adapters and use them even tho it's a solid limb bow.
They are a bit clumbsier to use but they put the pressure more at the axles rather than at the fork.
Also - if you just use the BM without the adapters, I would put a piece of heavy leather under the 'arms' as well as
the pieces they give you in the fork.
They can leave marks on the limbs if you dont.
Otherwise - they do work really well.