03-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Guess what I'm doing :cool:

gravedigger
03-29-2012, 06:11 AM
shooting photos.:p

NuttyNative
03-29-2012, 06:38 AM
shooting photos.:p

Ya, been doin that.This is my first time turkey hunting & so far it has been an awesome experience. No birds yet but lots of fun. I have had them at 30 yards with no shot till they are 50. Birds 3 me 0 at that distance. It has been very fun and exciting seeing them strut, answer our calls, heads turning colors and sparing with each other, all a first for me. My lil' brother is coming down this weekend & were breaking out the blind and decoys.
I left here 22 years ago and there were no turkeys around, now finding flocks like that are fairly easy. Nobody up here hunts them and there is no established season or regs. They see them as a nuisance or like ruffle grouse and shoot a few here & there with 22's & .17hmr's. Were going to see how many make it back to Nevada.

Lung Buster
03-29-2012, 06:39 AM
What breed of turkeys do you have there miriams?

NuttyNative
03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
What breed of turkeys do you have there miriams?

I don't have a clue as to what they are. Will post a few pics when we get a few they you guys can tell me :D

droppixel
03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Drove by a Tom strutting it up for 5 hens last night next to one of the major intersections near me just off in a small field. Got me all jazzed for my season which is a month away yet!

Lung Buster
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
They could be rio grandes depending on where you are in nevada

gravedigger
03-29-2012, 10:51 AM
They could be rio grandes depending on where you are in nevada

i think he is on vacation in washington state,not 100% on that

NuttyNative
03-29-2012, 11:18 AM
i think he is on vacation in washington state,not 100% on that

Roger that Digger, Eastern Washington.

gravedigger
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Roger that Digger, Eastern Washington.

how ya likeing the rain rain and more rain.it is dropping buckets in my town....

Lung Buster
03-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Then it is probably a merriam but good luck hope you stick a big old slob!

NuttyNative
03-29-2012, 01:46 PM
This rain sucks. I don't remember this much bad weather up here. Only a day or two not a week straight.
Never could get a crack at these either. It amazes me how fast a turkey can walk and not be excited. Like the energizer bunny, they just keep going & going & going!! I'll get a few tomorrow evening or this weekend.

Lung Buster
03-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Turkeys love the rain i killed my bird last year in the pooring rain! Just have to rain slicker down! Good luck

NuttyNative
04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Had to cut the trip short. The wife called while we were hunting and said she needs to get home to the doc. We did get three and I left them with my brother so have no pics. Had a great time messin with the yard birds, got mine at 22 and 30 yards. My bro ther made an awesome head shot at 26. The wife is all doped up and recovering nicely.
I know............. No pics so it didn't happen, sorry.

Ehunter
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear the trip got cut short, but glad to hear the wife is doing ok. At least you have some great memories that'll last a lifetime. Congrats by the way, VERY few people get a turkey with a bow the first time out.

NuttyNative
04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear the trip got cut short, but glad to hear the wife is doing ok. At least you have some great memories that'll last a lifetime. Congrats by the way, VERY few people get a turkey with a bow the first time out.

Thanks, there were so many and so little pressure. I know just about every farmer up there and had permission from everyone and help from some. It was just a matter of time before I got one. All my misses (10) were very close, either scrapping their back or right at their feet. Lost a few arrows but had a fantastic time with my brother. Going to make this an annual deal.

Seen tons of whiettail, mule deer, and even a few elk. So good to get back home & breathe the mountain air.

Lung Buster
04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Congrats on the turkey! Sorry to hear about your wife hope all is well!