PDA

View Full Version : My 2012 Martin Bow

bfisher
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I think I might have this figured out. I don't like ultra short bows so was going to order the Scepter V. I'd be shooting it near the bottom end of it's draw length range which doesn't sit well with me. I've got an Aien Z (36") and a Nemisis (34"), but looking for something just a tad different. Also looking for a riser that's not reflexed so much.

Looking at the catalog and doing some comparing and I got to thinking about maybe a custom order. How about a red Pantera (34") with Nitro 1.5 cams?

What do the members think? I have the paperwork so all I got to do is fill it out and fax it.

wscywabbit
04-01-2012, 11:13 AM
VERY NICE! I had been thinking on about the same lines when looking at the new lineup. Now I'm not in the market for a bow this year, but if I were to get one, I think special ordering the Pantera with Nitro cams would be the way to go. Hadn't considered the 1.5 cams, with the longer ATA, do you need them to reach your 27" draw? (you and I are very close in height and draw lengths btw...)

You'll have to let us know how it turns out, I bet it'll be an outstanding bow!

Thermodude
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Thats an awsome idea! Every since I got my Pantera Ive wondered how it would be with Nitro cams. The Pantera is a real tack driver............I think you are on to something!

bfisher
04-01-2012, 11:29 AM
VERY NICE! I had been thinking on about the same lines when looking at the new lineup. Now I'm not in the market for a bow this year, but if I were to get one, I think special ordering the Pantera with Nitro cams would be the way to go. Hadn't considered the 1.5 cams, with the longer ATA, do you need them to reach your 27" draw? (you and I are very close in height and draw lengths btw...)

You'll have to let us know how it turns out, I bet it'll be an outstanding bow!

You know what I've said on here many times. Just using past experience. My Nemisis is 34" and with Hybrix 1.5 cams the draw module is set on position #3. It might end up being slightly different with a different riser reflex, but I'd have some leeway up or down. I usually add about 15 twists to the string to smooth out the hump toward the end of the draw cycle as well.

I kind of like the idea of a custom configuration anyway. In 2007 I got a Pantera custom ordered with Nitrous X cams vs the normal MPro cam. Liked that one, too, but had to give it up for some physical ailments and get a lighter bow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I would have to say that sounds to me a very solid bow and very interesting. Good idea Barry!! you might get everyone thinking that way.

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
04-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I could see that. I have the 2.0's on my Onza, and I'm at the #2 hole. Of course it was on the #1 hole for a long time until I really figured out how to get the most out of these cams. Keep us posted, I think it's gonna be a nice rig!

bowgramp59
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
when you get one from the custom shop ,how much more cost does it ad to the bow ? and what kind of a time frame to get your bow?

bfisher
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Curtis,

Cost difference would depend on just what you order, but figure between $60 and $120. Any time you want to special order something Martin should be able to furnish you with an estimate.

Time frame I think I remember it being between 4 to 6 weeks longerthan a production model. I guess part of this is because they may have to figure out custom string lengths and/or limb deflections. In the case of the Pantera I might order it shouldn't create a problem as it's the same a2a as the Nemisis so it's all just production parts.

I just like having a bow that's different from everybody else. Same reason I don't own a Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech. I abhor the "herd" mentality and people who can't make their own decisions.

Spiker
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Since it is a custom order, and you like black bows, why not order it in all black.
There is pics of the Alien XT with a solid black riser- so...

(You should also just have it shipped to me for a quick check-over to make sure it shoots nice before I forward it on to your porch... ;) )

Arrow Splitter
04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
(You should also just have it shipped to me for a quick check-over to make sure it shoots nice before I forward it on to your porch... ;) )That would be letting a known bank robber borrow all of your money. LOL:p

bfisher
04-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Since it is a custom order, and you like black bows, why not order it in all black.
There is pics of the Alien XT with a solid black riser- so...

(You should also just have it shipped to me for a quick check-over to make sure it shoots nice before I forward it on to your porch... ;) )

I've already got two black bows. Actually carbon finish, but want something different this time.

madman350
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
that red thing should look great reflecting the florida sunset this autumn...not to mention it should shoot great and is definitely different than what you got, or available to purchase for that matter. i'm thinking definitely not a typical "herd" bow..