PDA

View Full Version : cam lean on onza 3

tvs
04-03-2012, 01:16 PM
chaning strings & calbe guard on onza 3 ! bottem cam lean so bad power calbe rubbing bottem draw mod. anyone have this happen ? anyone try to make slip harness work on cat cam . First post about this got lost. have talk with joel already.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Could you post some pics of the problem area and one of the string line. Than might help to see what is the problem is

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, pictures would be very useful in helping you and others in the future. While you at it please tell us the outcome of your converstaion with Joel.

tvs
04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
can't send pictures on the way to disazy world thur dallas. only anwer from joel was to send the bow in (pig hunt in one week). remenber this post when missing had to reword and repost

sloppy joe
04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I had the same problem had to send it back to martin.waiting to get back it been a month.

madman350
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
can't send pictures on the way to disazy world thur dallas. only anwer from joel was to send the bow in (pig hunt in one week). remenber this post when missing had to reword and repost

well joel is the big wig you know. if you bash the products which are the livelihood of his company that wont fly far here. that isnt why they maintain this website. I would just consider the cancellation of the pighunt due to unforseen circumstances and enjoy dizzney , stay n hit sea world too , then send it in to them. i mean that is what they requested.

Phantonza
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
chaning strings & calbe guard on onza 3 ! bottem cam lean so bad power calbe rubbing bottem draw mod. anyone have this happen ? anyone try to make slip harness work on cat cam . First post about this got lost. have talk with joel already.

Could you explain a little more. When did the cam lean occur? After you changed the strings and cable guard? Or was it there already - since the bow was new or only later?

boothill
04-05-2012, 06:03 AM
The bow that tvs is talking about is mine. He is currrently in Florida on vacation so here is what I can tell you about the situation.

Had a broken strand in shooting string, also had original TRG still on bow. Had taken the SOS off and installed a string stop on lower riser already. Was going to swap out the TRG for the straight rod and cable slide that they are now using. But now apparently when drawing the bow with the rod and slide system the cable rubs the side of the cam. But he said it doesn't do it with the original TRG installed. He talked to Joel and they were going to send cams out but he is thinking it is a limb issue and not cam issue. I have a hog hunt that is paid for already coming up on April 23rd so no time to send in to Martin at this time. So the original TRG is installed again and will send it in to them when I get back from my hunt.

So there is the rest of the story as best I can tell it. If I didn't have this hunt coming up it would of been shipped to Martin on monday. Just couldn't chance it not getting back in time. I know they will remedy the situation on the bow when they get it up there so no problems there at all. You guys have a great day and thanks for the responses.

Oh and Madman, he wasn't bashing Joel or Martin at all. He does a lot of business with them and everything is good. But it looks like I need to set down with him and teach him to type and spell. LOL

wscywabbit
04-05-2012, 06:25 AM
That clears things up considerably! Good luck on your pig hunt and with your bow problems ;)

boothill
04-05-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm not real worried about the deal. It will be taken care of all in good time. If he hadn't of been changing the strings and cables along with the cable slide it wouldn't of been noticed. There are times I wish they had a yoke system on them to where you could twist up one side or the other to help with cam lean and such. I know I want them to check the shims on the cams when it gets there also. Just seems like where the center shot is after using laser alignment tool on it is way outside. Does anyone know the approx. distance from riser to center of arrow on the Onza for center shot? Thanks

tvs
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
the question is still has any one tried to make a slip harness work on cat cams. i can't spell but can read . Just thinking someone may have played with this. madman have been with martin starting in 1986 and still best bow for money!

bfisher
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
By saying slip harness are you asking about s floating yoke system like Hoyt uses or are you asking about a split yoke system like had been on most dual cams in th past? I haven't tried it and don't know if it could be done, but I have thought about it in the past. Just haven't taken the steps to really look and see if it can be done.

I'm trying to visualize what your problem is. If the cable is rubbing the cam then I would think there's a lot o side loading from the cable rod/slide or you have a weak limb fork. Just for info just how much clearance is there between the cable the fletching? It should be about 1/8" or a little more. Actually the less the better. Most of the bows I saw with the TRG, IMO, had too much clearance. When drawn the cables come in closer to center, but end up about where they should be at rest. This is just an opinion of mine though, and one reason I wasn't too hot about the TRG.

What you might want to try is a doglegged (bent) cable rod ajusted to get the cables closer to minimum fletching clearance and see if this helps. If you can post pics I would also like to see what's going on to see if I'm right. There's also the possibility that I'm wrong, but a pic would ease my mind about that, too.

boothill
04-09-2012, 08:35 PM
bfisher,
We did that with my old Firecat when they came out with the Cat cam. Took the straight rod off and put on an old bent arm and slide. Sure seemed like it took a lot of lean out of it. We are thinking there is a weak limb tip also.

Spiker
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
the question is still has any one tried to make a slip harness work on cat cams. i can't spell but can read . Just thinking someone may have played with this. madman have been with martin starting in 1986 and still best bow for money!

I am still confused because the C.A.T. cams do not use a 'yoke' system so - what do you mean by 'slip harness' ??

tvs
04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I am still confused because the C.A.T. cams do not use a 'yoke' system so - what do you mean by 'slip harness' ??

this has been fun but , i now know know this has not been tried i may be the first thank you

skidge
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I have had this happen on two bows so far tvs. the problem is the bushings are not square in the cam. u NEED new cam. I proved this by swapping out first the limb because i thought the axle holes might be off a few thousandths but found that swapping out the cam was the fix. both mine were bottom cams. and the cam actually rubbed the inside of the limb fork. makes u wonder, WHERE'S THE QUALITY CONTROL.

tvs
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
thanks but how do tell they are not right