PDA

View Full Version : Made the switch

Zforce
04-05-2012, 05:05 AM
First time to the forum. I've been a Hoyt guy since the 90,s. I have had 7 hoyts and 1 Mathews. 3D and bowhunter. I got tired of the high bow prices, and by recommendation of a buddy tried a Martin. I am proud owner of a 12 Silencer with Fury XT in Bonz. I have about 200 arrows through it and love the bow. Smooth and quiet.The versatility of the Fury XT is awesome. I can't wait to get it in the tree stand.

Thermodude
04-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Welcome and congrats man, I made the switch this year also................Im sure you will love the bow!!

droppixel
04-05-2012, 05:15 AM
This is what I like to hear. So far we got 2 guys in less than a week that have come to their senses!! :p

Welcome to MTF!

bfisher
04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Welcome to the Tech Forums. Always ready to welcome new members. Congrats on your new bow. One thing to watch for is excessive wear on the cable/string servings. If you happen to notice any don't wait but call warranty service (Joel) and have it taken care of. This cam is new so maybe some bugs need ironed out.

wscywabbit
04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, I think you'll enjoy it here. Also beware of Martin bows, they are addictive ;)

Tosi
04-05-2012, 06:04 AM
I also turned to Martin a few years ago. It's been the best move that I have made with my archery addiction. I too was tired of the over price and snooty attitude of what I call the big three. I know my Martins shoot as well if not better then big three. Good choice on the bow, and welcome.

Zforce
04-05-2012, 06:10 AM
I don't have any string wear coming off of the cam. I do have some minor serving seperation where the cable touches the axle/hub at full draw. As per recomendations here, I seem to have the draw stop set as short as I feel I can go. I will keep an eye on it.

madman350
04-05-2012, 06:37 AM
First time to the forum. I've been a Hoyt guy since the 90,s. I have had 7 hoyts and 1 Mathews. 3D and bowhunter. I got tired of the high bow prices, and by recommendation of a buddy tried a Martin. I am proud owner of a 12 Silencer with Fury XT in Bonz. I have about 200 arrows through it and love the bow. Smooth and quiet.The versatility of the Fury XT is awesome. I can't wait to get it in the tree stand.

welcome. how much did it wind up sinking you, & what kind of rest you using on it? also i would find it interesting to know what draw setting you have the XTcam set at.

Zforce
04-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am using a Quicktune 3000 rest. I have the draw module at 1. Not sure if I can post prices here, let's just say it was a great deal compared to the others!

Lung Buster
04-05-2012, 07:33 AM
That is awesome welcome aboard ! Good luck with the new bow! Did you purchase it through the martin online or from a local dealer?

Zforce
04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I bought the bow from an online dealer. No Martin dealers close by. I bought it without shooting it. First time I have ever done that. I shot my buddies cheetah, and liked it. Very satisfied!

Double S
04-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Greetings and welcome to the forum. There's a lot of friendly folks on here don't be bashful to post.

MIKEE
04-05-2012, 09:05 AM
You should listen to that buddy of yours more often!!!!!!!:d

Lung Buster
04-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Well feel free to ask questions you will get alot of help here! Everybody is very friendly here and eager to answer the best they can!