PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Ridge/TruGlo Single Pin Adjustable

droppixel
04-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Wondering if I won't have any problems attaching a quiver mount to these sights just like all of the others, or if the adjustment are would be in the way? If anyone can post on this, that would be great. Thanks.

Rangerj
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I have the Tru-Glo Range Rover single pin on my Firecat TR2, I use the Martin 8 arrow two piece quiver,I have no problems at all.:cool:

droppixel
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
What about a TruGlo quiver or the Bohning quivers that they give you a bracket to attach to the sight to lock the quiver into?

Rangerj
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I reckon that should work.:cool:

droppixel
04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
cool. I have an older cobra slider that my dad gave me that I am going to bolt up to the Bengal when it comes to see if I like it. If not, I'm going to pick up another TR Vertical sight. If I do like it, going to look into either of those 2 adjustables. Would be using it for hunting, so would need to get used to having ranges set and prepared so I can make the adjustments quickly and then make my shot.

Rangerj
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I have mine set at 25 yards and I am good to 35 without changing. Just practice and you should be able to do the same.

droppixel
04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Are there mounting holes on the sight for the quiver? Leaning towards getting the TruGlo if it has the ability to hold the quiver.

Rangerj
04-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Not sure about the mounting holes.My bows are at the shop for new strings,whenI get them back I will let you know.

droppixel
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Looked at the Cobra I have and it is drilled, so I'm sure the TruGlo is as well. Read a review on BassPro a guy mentioned it also. I mounted it to my Cheetah tonight for a little while to see what I thought about it because I'll be putting it on the Bengal when it comes until I get another.

droppixel
04-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Considering trading the V5 FireWire I have on my Alien for a slider now. After mounting the Cobra to my Cheetah, I'm pretty sure that is what I'm going to put on the Bengal. Shot the Alien this morning and if my 20/30s are so close and my 40 isn't that far off - the slider in my opinion makes perfect sense in order to fine tune that pin placement. Also think it is going to clear up my view quite a bit without having extra pins there. With the V5 i can't see myself setting every pin knowing I probably would only need 3 really (20/30, 40, 50) so the slider is starting to make a lot more sense.

Rangerj
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I am hooked on single pin sights,better view. I think you will like it when you get used to it.

Arrow Splitter
04-08-2012, 09:07 AM
The Truglo Range Rover does have quiver mounting holes.:cool: It's an excellent sight, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed DP.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Its a single pin slider or nothing for me, like a lot of converted traditional guys, compounds are almost too complicated for my tastes. Love the clean, clear look of the single pin, I shoot HHA OL 5519's on my two Slayers, and shoot the Cougar lll barebow. Don't let anyone tell you that you'd loose a chance if the quarry showed up at a distance other than what you're set on, my last buck was at 34yds, leaned back behind the tree, reset the slider, and centerpunched him, elapsed time...maybe 2 seconds, which included using a range finder. Coulda shot him with the sight set on 30 yds, ( where I carry it ) but, he still had'nt seen me, so had plenty of time.

droppixel
04-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Very cool, I'm confident I'll be able to make adjustments on the fly while on stand. Small movements to get set and have everything ready is something you have to learn to do well. Thanks for the feedback guys, definitely going to look into getting a single slider for the Bengal for sure and possibly the AX as well. Need to trade/sell the Fire Wire V5 I have before I do anything else with the AX :p

NuttyNative
04-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I was looking at the Range Rover and it has the same mounting holes as my HHA's. I would guess most single pins share this system. This is for a Quickee quiver but others should be similar.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/Guardian1009.jpg