PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat draw mod alignment

RPIBuckHunter
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem with the bottom cam module on my shadowcat...I am trying to adjust it to the shortest position but the holes do not line up...they are off by the tiniest of amounts, but it is enough that the screws won't go in. The top cam module lines up just fine. Any suggestions, short of buying a new mod?

bfisher
04-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Keep working on it is the best I can say. In any event you shouldn't have to buy new modules. Call Joel at their warranty dept (1-800-541-8902), explain the situation, and I'm sure he'll send you a new set. You'll probably have to return the old ones. Only downside is the wait.

RPIBuckHunter
04-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think working at it will do anything for me...that screw is definitely not going in. I will call on Monday and see what can be done.

Lung Buster
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I am sure martin cs will come through for you they always do!

coastie hunter
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Can you shave it down to get it to line up? maybe use a dremmel.

Money Man
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Do you have a shop nearby that may be able to exchange one for you?

RPIBuckHunter
04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Do you have a shop nearby that may be able to exchange one for you?

Is it a part that pro shops would normally stock extras of?

NuttyNative
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Is it a part that pro shops would normally stock extras of?

The dealer here in Reno would take one out of a new box, give it to you, and exchange it themselves to return to the box. Maybe you would have the same experience?

Atavio
04-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Conicidence, I HAVE the same problems with both of my modules, and can only change the set screws 1 position higher or lower. When I contacted Martin, they suggested that I should widen the holes a little with a drill. No mention of free replacement mods, so congrats if they can do that for you!

Atavio

Hi all,

I have a problem with the bottom cam module on my shadowcat...I am trying to adjust it to the shortest position but the holes do not line up...they are off by the tiniest of amounts, but it is enough that the screws won't go in. The top cam module lines up just fine. Any suggestions, short of buying a new mod?

bfisher
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Shops don't normally stockthins like extra modules for the Nitro cams. My suggestin would be to call the warranty dept and talk to Joel. Explain the situation and formly but nicely ask for a new set of modules. I've seen a few of these where the holes aren't drilled in a concentric manner.

joelc
04-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Shops don't normally stockthins like extra modules for the Nitro cams. My suggestin would be to call the warranty dept and talk to Joel. Explain the situation and formly but nicely ask for a new set of modules. I've seen a few of these where the holes aren't drilled in a concentric manner.

This is the first I have head of any alignment issues with the modules. The quickest way to get it taken care of would be to visit a local dealer for inspection and have them call us for replacements. If a dealer calls we can generally ship parts within 24 hours. If dealing direct with the customer we require that parts are sent to the factory prior to shipping new ones. We can work with ANY archery dealer in your area that is willing to help.

RPIBuckHunter
04-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi Joel and others,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I took it to the shop, and we determined that the problem wasn't misalignment of the holes but a little bit extra metal on the edge of the mod(looked like a bit left over from the machining process), it was hitting up against the cam when the mod was turned over to the shortest position. We filed it down a bit and now it fits perfectly!!