PDA

View Full Version : Kids

mdodraw29
04-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Yesterday afternoon I was shooting in the backyard when my 8yr old said to me "dad can I shoot" I told him of coarse. So he ran into the house and got his bow and a handful of his arrows and came out proud as a peacock. After about ten minuets my 5yr old came out of the house and joined in, her brother was happy to share his tiger with her. They shot that bow for almost an hour, and not once did I hear a complaint. Life is good

96xjclassic
04-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Both of my daughters, 7 and 5 are starting archery this year. They both seem to really like it. I hope they both stick with it. It keeps them well rounded.

Lung Buster
04-08-2012, 05:42 AM
That is great one more thing that can be done as a family have fun and enjoy! I love target shooting with my daughter.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-08-2012, 06:52 AM
That is a great thing. Family time and family time shooting. I have all 3 of mine shooting. But the best of all the wife wants a bow too!!!!:D

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
04-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm excited for if/when my 2 boys start to show interest. I'd be excited if my daughter eventually did as well. Chances are my wife will never, but oddly enough she has been kinda asking me to get her a 20g to shoot clays with me :confused:

motohead1967
04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes family time is grate when you all like the same thing. 2 out of the 4 love to shoot with me. But my wife will never get it. She thinks it is a waste of time. But she also hated guns for years after 15 year I finily got her to shoot. Now she loves to target shoot with her 380 and she has her carry permit. I will wear her down and she will one day shoot a bow. We all go to the out door range they all love to target shoot. They are all like to compet with each other.

and yes I can spell my way out of a paper bag

Double S
04-08-2012, 11:06 AM
It's great to have the kids involved. My son just passed hunters ed last week and we will get him out with a .243 rifle for Youth rifle this fall. He's been shooting since he was 5 with a little Martin Tiger bow. Now he has a Genesis. His next bow will be an all out hunting rig.