PDA

View Full Version : USPS/UPS/FedEx - Shipping?

droppixel
04-09-2012, 10:38 AM
When you guys have sent a bow do you use USPS, UPS or FedEx - just trying to get an idea of who is going to be the least expensive. Not sure how USPS typically is with larger packages or if UPS/FedEx would be the better route?

NuttyNative
04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I have used UPS and FedEx with FedEx being cheaper. They both are fast and have excellent tracking programs. Have had them shipped to me using USPS and it adds 2-3 days travel time and their tracking system sucks for updates.

droppixel
04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I have used UPS and FedEx with FedEx being cheaper. They both are fast and have excellent tracking programs. Have had them shipped to me using USPS and it adds 2-3 days travel time and their tracking system sucks for updates.

Haven't sent one before, but all of my other packages I send USPS and things get there really quick. Had good luck with them, so I might run it over to them. Heard not to go with the UPS stores, there is one near me - I'll have to look up a FedEx office. Would like to go in there and price it before I send, but will probably end up at USPS just for convenience in distance.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I send all my bows USPS never had a problem and it is usually cheaper.

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I just sent a bow back to Martin 2 weeks ago on UPS. Cost me $18 from Kansas to Washington. They said it would have been $3 more if it had been going to a house adress. Apparently, business adresses are cheaper. I always use UPS. Just make sure it's in as small a box as possible, and not a bigger box than neccessary. UPS charges by size as well as weight. Guy shipped me a bow in one of UPS's boxes, and it cost him $60......could have fit 3 bows in that box.

Double S
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I used USPS to send a bow out. It's the easiest of the three to get to. I live out in the country USPS was the closest. It cost me around 18 bucks to send it priority with 700 dollars insurance 190 miles south to Walla Walla. Whenever I send something out of high value make sure you buy the right amount of insurance and a delivery tracking number. My wife sent out a Package during Christmas for her mother in California. It was stolen off the front porch. It was only worth about 100 bucks. But we had to show Receipts as proof before UPS reimbursed my wife for the amount.

droppixel
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
I opted for USPS priority. It was $21 for 3 day (expected delivery by/on Wednesday) from IL and another $7 for insurance. Frankly for what they are going to be doing for me, $30 is by far worth it to me knowing full well that if I were to take it to the dealer that is closest to me, he would hose me so hard in labor/convenience charges. Can't stress enough how thankful I am to Martin and especially Joel for just being a straight up cool guy. Need to find a way to ship him a case of beer or something :p

droppixel
04-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Bad boy covered some ground through USPS. Left my post office (IL) at 6pm Monday, processed at the sort facility about 60 miles away by 1:30am Tuesday arrived in Spokane at 7pm Tuesday - processed through Pasco at 1am this morn. Should be in good hands today.

Can't complain about that at all!

Double S
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
It's difinetly back in good hands. Thumbs up.

droppixel
04-11-2012, 09:51 AM
It's difinetly back in good hands. Thumbs up.

Yeah, it's nuts but I feel like a broken record with how grateful I am. I might get lucky and it could be back in time for turkey. Was hoping to have it out for 3D not this coming weekend, but the following - but I think I'm just going to plan on taking the Alien and have extra time to prep the Bengal for thunder chickens!

**The Eagle has landed.

HawgEnvy
04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I've shipped and received bows with USPS priority insured and have never had a problem. I've shipped to Colorado and only cost me $20 or so.

madman350
04-12-2012, 09:05 AM
my friend got a new saber and ups delivered it via ground in like 4 days... but it arrived with a broken mantis rest, they apparently had crushed the box . the thing was double boxed also.. post office is usually cheaper just not the fastest, especially near holidays and they always seem to get my bills to me on time or ahead of schedule regardless of the conditions or season.

RPIBuckHunter
04-12-2012, 09:56 AM
When I ordered my shadowcat, I sent payment on a Wednesday night. Seller shipped it Thursday morning from California via USPS. It arrived at my college mail stop in New York on that Saturday. I had to wait until Monday because the mail stop is closed on weekends...

droppixel
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm just excited to know it got there quick. If I'm lucky enough, it could be sent out Monday and I'd have it back by next Friday. Not in any sort of hurry with it because of what they are doing for me, but can't wait to get it back.