PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Gold Tips

droppixel
04-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Yep, sailed an arrow over my target at bout 40 yards, over the bag and into the garage with a loud smack. Go to see where it went, lodged into one of the studs through the corner and out the wood siding. Take out the arrow puller and slowly start working it out ... pulled it out of the wall like excalibur out of the stone - gave her the flex test and passed with flying colors. Love these arrows.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-14-2012, 03:17 AM
Bet the Garage doesn't like them!! Ha! ha! Get out the wood putty.

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
04-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Like an idiot, I have a pond behind my targets. In the process of building a new backstop in another location, so I might be able to find misses when they happen. lol I always did like the GT's for their toughness.

Thermodude
04-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Ive used GTs for a very long time with great results. I even still have a few laying around that have the Browning name on them!

Lung Buster
04-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Hank Parker says if you had a Schwacker on there it would have went right through your garage! Haha

Thermodude
04-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Hank Parker says if you had a Schwacker on there it would have went right through your garage! Haha

Pretty sure most of the guys on AT would say if it had a Rage on it , it wouldve cut a new door!............:rolleyes:

Lung Buster
04-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Pretty sure most of the guys on AT would say if it had a Rage on it , it wouldve cut a new door!............:rolleyes:

You are probably right about that!

Tosi
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Good one. Last year I was paper tuning in my garage to keep out of the wind and was shooting and Easton End-Fussed Axis 340 at about six feet @ and old target for a backstop. The dang arrow went through the target, through the wall into the electrical box. “Lights out”. It’s amazing what theses Carbon arrows will do. The old aluminums would of bent before going through the wall. I too used Gold Tip but have moved back to Easton. The country here is telling me that Gold Tip will be having a factor based outlet outside of Flagfstaff in a small town called Bellmont Az right on I40. If the price is right, I may go back to Golds tip.