PDA

View Full Version : How big is Martin ?

madman350
04-18-2012, 08:29 AM
anybody out there got any idea how many bows Martin manufactures in a average year or where to find out ? do you think it is considered "taboo" info ? for instance automobile sales numbers can be found relatively easily for the most popular models , but i think it would be interesting to know . just trying to grasp the scope&size of the company & manufacturing facility.
Anybody ever see the walla walla headquarters? what size is it ? do they have a 25' tall recurve in the front lawn ?

elkslayer4x5
04-18-2012, 09:03 AM
anybody out there got any idea how many bows Martin manufactures in a average year or where to find out ? do you think it is considered "taboo" info ? for instance automobile sales numbers can be found relatively easily for the most popular models , but i think it would be interesting to know . just trying to grasp the scope&size of the company & manufacturing facility.
Anybody ever see the walla walla headquarters? what size is it ? do they have a 25' tall recurve in the front lawn ?

LOL, maybe not in Walla Walla, but they might have one at the plant in Yakima. No idea how large they are, but do know that compounds are made at the Walla Walla facility and the traditional bows are build in Yakima, so they have two plants. :)

joelc
04-18-2012, 09:25 AM
LOL, maybe not in Walla Walla, but they might have one at the plant in Yakima. No idea how large they are, but do know that compounds are made at the Walla Walla facility and the traditional bows are build in Yakima, so they have two plants. :)

Our traditional division was moved to Walla Walla about a year and a half ago. We average approx. 80-100 employees year round, we produce a good number of bows and you better get here early if you want a good parking spot. That is all I am at liberty to discuss. :cool:

Thermodude
04-18-2012, 09:25 AM

Im not sure how big the Martin facilites are but it might surprise you. A few years back I spent a week at the Bowtech facility in Eugene and it wasnt very big at all............but they were putting out lots of bows!

droppixel
04-18-2012, 09:41 AM
If you are a google map stalker you will see the building isn't horribly huge, but it looks to be a good size. If you look carefully you can see the phone both where Joel flies in every morning to change out of his superman uniform into his everyday work clothes ...

dzsmith
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
i have noticed that martins advertising isnt as consistent as hoyt and bowtech and matthews in magazines such as bowhunting world. they will have a couple issues with a onza or bengal and then they will go a while without any adds. no big deal it just doesnt seem that martin is out there like they deserve to be

droppixel
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
i have noticed that martins advertising isnt as consistent as hoyt and bowtech and matthews in magazines such as bowhunting world. they will have a couple issues with a onza or bengal and then they will go a while without any adds. no big deal it just doesnt seem that martin is out there like they deserve to be

They don't need to spend millions of dollars like the big 3 to convince people to like them and use their product. I'd rather they didn't tbh. Keeps it better for those who already like their product. If they were putting out boat-loads in advertising money how do you think they would expect to make that back?? higher prices on their equipment. Let those other companies throw their dollars around and let those other guys spend their dollars when we can get top notch equipment at a steal of a price when comparing and make them look silly all day long.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep like dp already said, the more money that goes out on ad's the more money will have to come back in. That just's means more out of our pocket.

Hutch:cool:

Lung Buster
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I would have to say Martin is at least 12,748 members big! Haha

madman350
04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
They don't need to spend millions of dollars like the big 3 to convince people to like them and use their product. I'd rather they didn't tbh. Keeps it better for those who already like their product. If they were putting out boat-loads in advertising money how do you think they would expect to make that back?? higher prices on their equipment. Let those other companies throw their dollars around and let those other guys spend their dollars when we can get top notch equipment at a steal of a price when comparing and make them look silly all day long.

i prefer to support a not get "too big" corporation , have them control cost and growth, than to just see how much product they can manufacture, driving up overhead and expenses , then have to resort to what ever tactics necessary to keep getting the balloon bigger and bigger. it probably is a better situation from an employee standpoint also.

bfisher
04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Management will do what they want, but I wouldn't mind seeing them grow in size. They are a US company providing US jobs. Bigger company would mean more US jobs not only for them but for all the companies they outsource to.

peace
04-23-2012, 03:52 AM
I think of Ford Motor Company...a good and respected family name in their industry. They produce excellent product at a fair price and I hope they continue in the wisdom of their business model. It has proven them blessed these many years.