PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting my Nemesis Redipped.

Double S
04-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I love my Rytera Nemesis in all Carbon but I have the itch to have her dipped. For some reason I'm really stuck on ASAT. I was gonna have the entire bow done in ASAT but the Nemesis riser has a lot of cut out's and might not show the ASAT camo very well. So I'm thinking about having the Riser done in federal brown CERAKOTE, matte finish and have the limbs dipped in ASAT Camo. I've already contacted the Dipper and I'll be sending it out sometime next month. The strings will be a similar color too. this is my bow for hunting.

Here's a sample of the colors.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATStock.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/FEDERAL-BROWN-C-214_H-212.jpg

Speedykills
04-22-2012, 07:06 AM
That will be interesting to see how it looks...........

Lung Buster
04-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Thats pretty wicked cant wait to see how it turns out!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Should be very cool looking!

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
04-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I like the ASAT too, I think it'll look sick when done!

Arrow Splitter
04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Very nice DS!:cool:

A.S

Double S
04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm gonna send it off around the first week of the month. 135 bucks for the work. plus shipping. String will come from you know who. ;)
I think it will look great. I would go all ASAT but I don't think it will show well with all the cut outs in the riser.

wscywabbit
04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
are you doing any of the prep work or just taking the limbs and stuff off and sending them the riser? I don't think $135 bucks is that bad of a deal! Might have to think about a dip project myself... ;)

bfisher
04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Of course we'll have to see pics. Glad to see somebody with a bit of individuality. To me most factory camo bows are just camo bows no matter how they're decked. Predator is another pattern I like.

Double S
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm having Whitetails plus in Deer Park, Washington tear down the bow for me. They are a Martin pro shop and a great bunch of guys. It's a 90 plus mile drive one way but it's worth it. Plus with the Scare i had with the nemesis two weeks ago, I'm a little nervous doing the tear down myself. 135 is the price for Limbs and riser through Northwest hydroprints here in Washington State. They are located on the west side. They charge the same for CERAKOTE as they do for Dipping. So I'm gonna CERAKOTE the riser and dip the limbs in ASAT. I think it will look Fantastic!. If the Nemesis didn't have as much cut outs on the riser i would have gone to a complete ASAT Dip.

are you doing any of the prep work or just taking the limbs and stuff off and sending them the riser? I don't think $135 bucks is that bad of a deal! Might have to think about a dip project myself... ;)

Thanks Barry. I think it will come out great. It will ssure stand out from other Nemesis's.

Of course we'll have to see pics. Glad to see somebody with a bit of individuality. To me most factory camo bows are just camo bows no matter how they're decked. Predator is another pattern I like.

HawgEnvy
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I think you'll like the brown riser. It blends very well.

HawgEnvy
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Well...you get a bonus pic of my late season creek bottom spot. lol. not sure how that got there. ASAT/Brown would be good for late season,too.

Double S
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Looks great Hawg!. I thought the second pic was "Find the bow". I was looking all over the place..Until I scrolled down and read you second entry!. :p;)

wscywabbit
04-27-2012, 12:55 AM
LOL me too don't feel bad;)

elkslayer4x5
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
What? You guys did'nt find the bow? LOL! :D

Double S
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
It's Official!. My wife and I took the drive to Deer Park, WA to my favorite archery shop called Whitetails plus. Greg and Jim stripped my Nemesis down for me to send it off to the Dippers. While I was there, I had them tune up My Scepter V. She's shooting great. Expect some new Scepter pics in the next few days.
I was gonna send it off to the west side for dipping until they gave me some info on a great Hydro Dipper here locally in Spokane. I could just drop my bow off and not worry about the shipping costs. We Googled the address and off we went to Liquid River.

The showroom was great!. I was like a kid in a candy store. The fellas also do euro skull work and use the Beetles to clean skulls. They had rifle stocks, Different bows hanging for drying and work. They also had Parts that had been dipped for Xbox, Playstation controllers, etc. The owners were really friendly and actually let me hold a few of their works in progress. I was no longer worried about them doing work on my bow. Beautiful bows in different states of dipping were hanging around me. They do dipping for a Bow manufacturer out of California. I was able to hold one of them, I've heard about them but never seen or even touched one until today. The ATA of the bow was so short I couldn't believe it was an adults bow.

I was gonna have the riser painted in Cerakote but after seeing the ASAT I decided on having the riser and limbs done in ASAT. When they told me the price.WOW!. it was almost half the price less than where I was gonna take it too. Plus I don't have to worry about shipping it off. It's gonna take a few weeks before I get my bow back. I believe they stated that they have to do a bow run for a manufacturer. I was in no hurry anyways. I'll play with the scepter.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 06:29 PM
That's a great find Double S, sure helps the wallet. Also makes one confident its in good hands.

Double S
05-16-2012, 08:32 PM
That's a great find Double S, sure helps the wallet. Also makes one confident its in good hands.

Thanks bill. When I get her back I'll contact you to have you make me another set of strings to match the ASAT color for the Nemesis. I hear you make some great slings too. I'm gonna have to get them to match.

Simon

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks bill. When I get her back I'll contact you to have you make me another set of strings to match the ASAT color for the Nemesis. I hear you make some great slings too. I'm gonna have to get them to match.

Simon

Thanks Double S for the challenge. I am sure my girls and I will do our best. Can't wait to see that baby! ASAT will be cool

Double S
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Got some good news today. The dipper called and said that my bow was done. He clear coated it yesterday. I will pick it up Monday when I go to Spokane for a car appointment. I hope to get some pics up after I pick it up. After I get it back I'm gonna match up some strings and slings colors for Bill to build for me.

dugout
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Pictures are REQUIRED!

I want an ASAT bow...:(

Double S
06-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi fellow Archers!. It was a great day. It's been raining non stop for about two weeks. It was nice to see the sun shine again. Anyways, My wife,son and I took the 80 mile trip to Spokane to pick up my bow from the great guys at Liquid River Graphixs. The bow looked Great in her new Critter killing colors!. I'm gonna find two colors I like to match the colors of the ASAT so that Bill can make me some new strings and a matching sling. I'm gonna send the limbs out to get silk screened. I should have her up and running by the first of next month. I'm thinking about white and dark brown for the strings and sling.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATCamoRyteranemesis1.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATCamoRyteranemesis2.jpg

Here's some other pics I took at the shop. I think the Burlwood looks great!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/LiquidRiverGraphix2.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/LiquidRiverGraphix3.jpg

dugout
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Oh my, that looks GREAT!
Do you have contact info for them and a basic cost? Please send a PM if you don't want to post it.
Thanks!

Double S
06-12-2012, 12:50 AM
The place is called Liquid River Graphix 2615 N. Cincinnati, suite 102 Spokane, WA 99207. 509-489-5427
The owners are Ken Pickens and Greg Wright. Great guys to chat with. They also do euro work using beetles. The cost is 135 bucks for a riser and limbs. They don't have a website right now but if you call them they can give you the two film manufacturers websites that you can look at to see what patterns they can dip....It's a lot of patterns.

Oh my, that looks GREAT!
Do you have contact info for them and a basic cost? Please send a PM if you don't want to post it.
Thanks!

Money Man
06-12-2012, 04:58 AM
That looks great!

andy_camping
06-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Looks sweet Simon!!

droppixel
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Looks great. I've seen a guy that has a Reaper camo ... like Skulz on steroids. If I got one of mine done, I would consider going with that pattern. Though lately after seeing it a few times ... taking a really strong liking to Bonz

bfisher
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Last year I ordered my Nemisis with Bonz limbs. They screwed up aand sent it with Next camo. I called Joel and he sent me the right limbs which, after seeing them, mailed them back. I didn't really care for it. I like to think outside the box so would consider something that nobody else has.

Double S
06-12-2012, 12:42 PM
That's how I got. I was burned out trying to stay with the big company Camo. I was even a Mossy oak camo Staffer. I was gonna dip it in Mossy oak brush but I wanted something different to make the bow itself stand out. ASAT was a good choice for me. I've never seen anyone in my area even wear ASAT. After seeing that wood pattern in person and touching it I wish I had another bow to dip again. That Burlwood looked great and was surely out of the box. He also had a red diamondback snakeskin that I liked too.

Last year I ordered my Nemisis with Bonz limbs. They screwed up aand sent it with Next camo. I called Joel and he sent me the right limbs which, after seeing them, mailed them back. I didn't really care for it. I like to think outside the box so would consider something that nobody else has.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Now Double S you have to start deciding on colors of your accessories and a string set. Can't wait to see your bow assembled!!

Double S
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Bill, I have already. I just looked over the chart you sent me and I'm gonna go Tan and Dark brown. Same with the sling. I will send you a payment toward the end of the month. Do you still have my info from the last strings you sent me or do I need to send them to you again?
Simon'

Now Double S you have to start deciding on colors of your accessories and a string set. Can't wait to see your bow assembled!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Bill, I have already. I just looked over the chart you sent me and I'm gonna go Tan and Dark brown. Same with the sling. I will send you a payment toward the end of the month. Do you still have my info from the last strings you sent me or do I need to send them to you again?
Simon'

I have your info. Just pm me when your ready and I will type up an invoice. Tan and dark brown are close in color. You might want to think about a natural (white) between those 2 and you will have all the colors you have in your bow. I can put up pics of all the colors.

Double S
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Copy that Bill. The colors on the bow are dark brown, Black and that cream/almond color. The pics would help me decide. thanks.
Simon

I have your info. Just pm me when your ready and I will type up an invoice. Tan and dark brown are close in color. You might want to think about a natural (white) between those 2 and you will have all the colors you have in your bow. I can put up pics of all the colors.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Here is 3 that might do. I have a brown/black speckled too!66606661

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Here's the brown/black speckle with the natural

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
One thing to remember is this is a custom string. So if you wanted to do 3 colors and make 2 colors primary strands and 1 colors a pin stripe you can.

Double S
06-12-2012, 04:01 PM
It might be hard to tell from the pic without being up close to it but the white part is more cream/ almond color not all out white.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATCamoonmyRyteranemesis.jpg

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
It might be hard to tell from the pic without being up close to it but the white part is more cream/ almond color not all out white.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATCamoonmyRyteranemesis.jpg
Yeah I have seen it before. Natural is not a Bright white either. It has a tinge to it. I could make you a few samples and ship it to you so you can be sure. Let me know.

Double S
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I like this last pic with the brown and black speckle. In the sling is it possible for you to add a little Rytera fluoro green to the back of the sling in homage of martin/ Rytera archery?.

Here's the brown/black speckle with the natural

Double S
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
No need to Bill, I trust your first hand experience.

Yeah I have seen it before. Natural is not a Bright white either. It has a tinge to it. I could make you a few samples and ship it to you so you can be sure. Let me know.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I like this last pic with the brown and black speckle. In the sling is it possible for you to add a little Rytera fluoro green to the back of the sling in homage of martin/ Rytera archery?.Sure can!

Double S
06-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Sweet!. Thanks

Sure can!

Lung Buster
06-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Congrats glad to see you got your bow back looks sweet! Cant wait to see it put back together!

daiwateampenn
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
long awaited for the update. The bow just look wow. Cant wait for the full assembled bow nw. Asking 4 more.

Arrow Splitter
06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
long awaited for the update. The bow just look wow. Cant wait for the full assembled bow nw. Asking 4 more.x2 Very nice bow DS!!:cool:

A.S

Double S
06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you all. I'll be sure to post pics when I get her all done.

gravedigger
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
nice choice.i like it.
sorry for not posting up.

Double S
06-18-2012, 12:39 PM
A big thanks to hutch for the string samples. I had my wife and son pick the one they liked the best and I didn't tell them which one I liked. We looked at it in the sunlight. We all three picked the top one. It looked really good in the sunlight. It seemed to have more white/cream to match the bow.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASAtCamostringsampleshutchnsons.jpg

bfisher
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
It's pretty hard to tell the top two apart. I think you'll be happy with your choice. Besides, for what you've already spent you have to keep the wife happy, LOL. She deserves candle light dinner for two for helping you make such an important decision.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-19-2012, 04:14 AM
The top one is Tan,natural and black. The middle one is Tan/black speckled, natural and black. The bottom one is Tan,black and dark brown.

bfisher
06-19-2012, 06:07 AM
So what are you waiting on? You've had the bow five or six days now. I want to see pics. As Larry the Cable Guy says, "Git-r-dun".

Double S
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
So what are you waiting on? You've had the bow five or six days now. I want to see pics. As Larry the Cable Guy says, "Git-r-dun".

I just sent the string and sling info I wanted to Bill right now. Things have been slow on the bow right now. I'm getting thing ready to fly down to San Diego. Not a Vacation. I'm helping my dad and mother drive up to my house to move Stuff because of his health.

bfisher
06-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear your dad's ailing. What is it? Some of that old age stuff? Are they moving in with you? Does it seem permanent?

Double S
06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear your dad's ailing. What is it? Some of that old age stuff? Are they moving in with you? Does it seem permanent?

My dad has mesothelioma that he got from 23 years in the Navy breathing Asbestos. he's had it for years but his breathing is more labored now. We've been dealing with moving stuff up to my house for the last few years preparing for the time when he know he'll pass on. The valuables and heavy stuff are coming back up with me. When we're moving expensive stuff, we don't like to stop at hotels. I like to drive non stop from San Diego to my home in Washington. We might stop at a few rest stops for a coffee and restroom break but that's all. My dad can't drive long like he used to. His legs stiffen up due to poor circulation. We've planned this out years ago. If my father passes away, My mothers is moving back to the Philippines. My dad showed me the spot where I'll be scattering his ashes on the Indian reservation where he was born. They will stay in San Diego. The more we take care of stuff and legal issues now, the less my mother has to deal with when my father passes. It's not the finest neighborhood they live in.

Double S
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I received my Strings and sling from Bill this morning. They were a fathers days gift from the wife. I should have them on the bow next month after I come back from San Diego. They look great and match the ASAT.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATRyteranemesisHutchnsonsstrings3.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATRyteranemesisHutchnsonsstrings2.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/ASATRyteranemesisHutchnsonsstrings1.jpg

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
What a tease you are! But I understand next month we will see the finished product. Looks good so far. Hope to some day do a bow of my own.

droppixel
07-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Get that bad boy put back together already! :p

andy_camping
07-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow Simon! That's going to look sweet! Can't wait to see the final assembly.

Bill, nice job with the stings and slings....I know where I'll be going when I'm due for new ones.

Ehunter
07-06-2012, 06:51 PM
That's a great match with the strings. That bow is going to look so good when it's all back together. Just ordered a set from Hutch today for a bow I am going to do in Predator brown.

Double S
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
We dropped her off at Whitetail plus in Deer Park to have her put back together yesterday. I'll be going back next week to pick it up. :cool:
Family stuff is done for now. I haven't shot a bow in over a month. Need to get things warmed up.
.:D

Double S
07-27-2012, 09:54 PM
My bow shop sent me a teaser pic. She's put back together but I can't pick her up till the first week of August.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATNemesisinlarged.jpg

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow she's a keeper. So sexy and sweet. What a change from before.

Arrow Splitter
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
My bow shop sent me a teaser pic. She's put back together but I can't pick her up till the first week of August.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATNemesisinlarged.jpgVery nice DS. You really should let me break it in for a few weeks. LOL

A.S

wscywabbit
07-29-2012, 12:40 PM
that's beautiful, even in a crappy pic lol! I gotta say, I was a little skeptical about the ASAT on a riser with all that lattice work in the machining, but that looks sweet! :)

Double S
07-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks!. I was too. I was gonna Cerakote the riser before but after seeing the guys work first hand with a shop tour, I went all in. Once I get her back next week and put Bills Sling on and the rest of the stuff. She will look great for sure.

andy_camping
07-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Looks awesome Simon!!

bfisher
07-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Simon, you know that we recently had a thread here about EHunter dipping his blacked out bow and I stated that it would be outrageous to spoil it. To me camo is just camo and really nothing all that special. In your case I have to rescind that. ASAT isn't just camo. It's awesome camo. Especially so with matching strings. Quite appealing to the eye.

Double S
07-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you all!. We are going to Spokane to pick her up, get dialed in and take her home. I'll make sure to post pics when i get home.

I might be stopping at another hobby shop to take a look see. Can anyone guess what my next possible hobby might be?

Hint,

Outdoors.....Thousands.......Sweet.:confused:

Ehunter
07-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Simon, that looks incredible! Great choice. Hope mine turns out half as well. I know SOME PEOPLE (lol) think I ruined a perfectly good bow, but camo is far more my style than blacked out is. lol (Just teasin ya Barry!)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Your are driving me nuts. One thing at a time Double S, pics of the bow!! Your are killing me!!! I can't even guess.

bfisher
07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Simon, that looks incredible! Great choice. Hope mine turns out half as well. I know SOME PEOPLE (lol) think I ruined a perfectly good bow, but camo is far more my style than blacked out is. lol (Just teasin ya Barry!)

Tease all ya want. I was teasing, too. It's your money and your bow. The only person you really have to please is yourself.

Double S
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM

here's a before pic for you.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/FobsandHarvestTimeHT-2arrows1.jpg

Your are driving me nuts. One thing at a time Double S, pics of the bow!! Your are killing me!!! I can't even guess.

HAHAHA!. I should have some quality pics up tomorrow afternoon.

Double S
08-02-2012, 12:36 AM
We got back late from Spokane. I was running out of daylight for good outdoor pics. But here's some indoor pics for now until I get better pics up tomorrow.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteranemesis5.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteranemesis2.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteranemesis3.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteranemesis1.jpg

bfisher
08-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Pretty cool. Now for the true test. The shooting.

Arrow Splitter
08-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Very nice DS. So can you hit the broadside of a barn? LOL

A.S

Double S
08-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Here she is!. I still need to sight her in. I've been pretty busy but i was able to get some day time pics up. The only thing I'm gonna change are my arrows. I will be switching to Easton Axis n fused arrows with Starrflight fobs. This will be the first time for me veering from standard size arrow shafts. Thank you bill for the Quality Strings and sling. I liked how you sent it out longer than a standard sling and I was able to trim it down to my liking.

ASAT Rytera Nemesis. 60 pounds at 28 DL. Harvest Time Archery HT-2 arrows (Changing those out). Trophy taker Smackdown. Tightspot quiver. Paradigm Archery S.O.S Stabilizer. Strings and Sling by Hutch-n-sons archery. RAD green peep. RAD peeps have been good to me. Sword 3rd pane Extended bar sight.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished4.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished10.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished6.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished3.jpg

Double S
08-02-2012, 06:59 PM
More pics.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished5.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished11.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished13.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinished16.jpg

WildWilt15
08-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Thats a pretty slick lookin bow.

Double S
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
They say that Deer see in the GRAY Spectrum.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinishedblanckandwhite.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinishedblanckandwhite.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATCamoRyteranemesisfinishedblackandwhite.jpg

andy_camping
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Three letters: WOW

Just love how the Nemisis looks and in ASAT it is amazing.

Well done Simon!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Stop stop Double S, I can't take anymore!!!! Man I like that bow. I like how it came out DS. Its like buying a new custom bow made just the way you want it. Post some pics on my facebook page. People have been waiting to see it.

bfisher
08-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I wonder how some Gold Tip Nugent Zebra Stripe arrows would look with that???????????????

Double S
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Thats a pretty slick lookin bow.

Three letters: WOW

Just love how the Nemisis looks and in ASAT it is amazing.

Well done Simon!

Thanks!. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Now i need to get to shooting it. I Flinched while paper tuning it at the Bow shop. They got a big laugh out of it. I haven't shot a bow in awhile. I need to retrain the brain and body. LOL

Stop stop Double S, I can't take anymore!!!! Man I like that bow. I like how it came out DS. Its like buying a new custom bow made just the way you want it. Post some pics on my facebook page. People have been waiting to see it.

Thanks Bill. I tagged you in some of the pics. it's all over AT and Bowfreakz.

I wonder how some Gold Tip Nugent Zebra Stripe arrows would look with that???????????????

They probably would go together. I'm itching to try them Axis arrows.

wscywabbit
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
DS, that is one awesome looking bow! That ASAT turned out great :)

You'll like the Axis Nano arrows, I've been shooting them since they came out and don't have a bad thing to say about them. Matter a fact I've just ordered another dozen a couple days ago. Took me 2 years to go through the first dozen lol ;)

Double S
08-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I put about 50-60 shots through the bow earlier. I didn't have to change anything on my sight as I didn't touch the knobs when i removed it. I was only using the 20 yard pin. I don't make any adjustments until I have at least 100-150 shots though the new strings. I'm gonna go back out later and put another 60 shots though it again. I did pull out the Chrono to see where my HT-2 arrows with 4 inch vanes and Fobs are at. I did my measuring making sure I had good clearance with my Fob'ed arrow. I was good to go. I am using the same arrow shafts for both. They are all the same length and spine, the only difference is that two are equipped with 4 inch vanes and the other two have Fobs on them.

Total weight of arrow shaft with NO vanes or fobs is 242 grains with nock and insert installed. Total arrow length from carbon end to deep end is nock is 28.75 inches.

Same shaft above with with 4 inch vanes installed is 373 grains with 100 grain FP. I'm shooting an average of 283 FPS.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Chrono%20testing/Chron283fpswith3inchvanes.jpg

Same shaft above with Starrflight fob installed is 367 grains with 100 grain FP. I'm shooting an average of 285 FPS

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Chrono%20testing/Chrono285fpsFobs.jpg

The bow is exactly at 60 pounds with a 28 inch draw length. Am I doing alright for the Dl and DW?.

Double S
08-04-2012, 11:27 PM
over 100 shots now on the new strings. I still haven't had to adjust the sight!. Woot-Woot!.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteraNemesisstrings2.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Archery%20Pics/ASATRyteraNemesisstrings1.jpg

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Great shooting Double S. But if you keep shooting like that arrows aren't cheap;)

Double S
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks Bill. I could better for sure. I haven't shot in awhile and I got a little target panic...I caught myself flinching a couple times. I need to straighten that out before the season starts.

Great shooting Double S. But if you keep shooting like that arrows aren't cheap;)